Sao repair what options do I have help please

Hey guys, so the top 2 joints on my sham snapped on accident, the bottom part that snaps into to doh is all good, what are some options it snapped where the pins mesh together, please help, any advice will help her, besides obviously throwing it away

I would contact Kyle, with photos, and ask if he can repair it.

You could also try a local luthier who can glue it together (mitsuori sao becomes nobe sao) for you.

eta: Broken Parts / Special Repairs - Bachido

Howdy.

Your repair options depend heavily on where you live and your personal wood working skills.

Bachido offers repair, but it may be prohibitive to ship to Kyle in California (or to somewhere here in Japan).

Could you clarify your situation?

The shamisen has a number of joints. The top most connects the head (tenjin) to the neck (sao). Is your head still attached?

If you have a mitsu-ori neck, you then have the joint that connects the top of the sao (kamizao) to the middle of the sao (nakazao), and the joint that connects the nakazao to the bottom of the sao (shimozao). These joints are called tsugite.

These joints slot into one another and hold fast to one another with a tenon and mortise (hozo).

Based on your description, the hozo on the nakazao (and maybe the kamizao) or damaged?