shamisen covers


I took private shamisen lessons in college and still have the shamisen and bachi I bought in 1961. I am looking for a cover for it–the cloth item that covers just the head–but I can’t find them anywhere. I know they exist but I can’t seem to find them online. What is the name of a shamisen cover? Does anyone know of a website that deals with them? Any information will be appreciated.


Hello Tim. It is a dou fukuro and you can find one right here in bachido in the store section (accessories-cases and fukuro). Easy.