Shamisen & Koto performance in Paris

Dear Friends,

Just to inform you that my shamisen teacher will organize a concert in Paris on Saturday 15 September 2012.

Her shamisen and koto students will play several pieces of Japanese musics.

For my part, I will play Natsu no oimode and Tuski no sabaku.

Details here (in French) : http://imgur.com/Dv8y5

I am very excited (but very afraid as well) as it is my first public performance after one year of shamisen practise. I have asked a friend of mine to take a video that I will post on Bachido for your comments (and critics) !

Cheers

Frédéric

Whooaaa!! Wish I could go see that! :smiley:

Stay relaxed and everything will be fine. :slight_smile: And as I’m sure Eric and Norm can relate, be sure to change your strings the day before the concert. :wink: I look forward to the video.

Best of luck, Fred!

Kyle would the day before be good?
new strings dont sit right for atleast 9 hours of playing/ retuning really…
atleast in my experience, i would say a week before maybe haha
but thats just me :slight_smile:

I would love to see it Fred, maybe sometime should i visit france or you visit england.

Good luck with your concert and stay relaxed as kyle says :slight_smile:

Best of luck Fred! I will be looking forward to a video post! Sounds exciting! Enjoy the experience and yes… Stay relaxed! But stay focused as well! Cool!

Courage Fred , la première expérience scénique est toujours stressante mais c’est celle qui te marques le plus :slight_smile: et j’ai hâte de voir la vidéo du concert aussi!

Cana , a week before a gig is maybe a little too much , but i agree , a day before is risky , unless you want to live your life in danger ! When i was playing live , i would change my strings two or three days before the show , pull every strings to stabilise the nod , and the guitar was never out of tune , and yet i was playing the “god damn you fender for inventing that stratocantstayintune”

Thanks for your support !!!
I will try to follow your advices and stay relaxed . The video will learn a lot on my way of playing…

I hope you do it well! ummm…really… I am sure you will do it awesome!! :slight_smile:

Good Luck Fred!!!
Its hard to stay relaxed while playing but the most important thing to remember is that people generally don’t know what its supposed to sound like :D.
Also don’t worry about breaking a string, I haven’t played Shamisen that much in public but I was playing in this Cafe place, I broke a string in the middle of the song and some guy gave me £20 and said “Don’t stop playing, buy some new strings!” :smiley: