Shamisen performance in San Mateo, California

Hi, everyone.

I am new to the group. Nice to meet you on-line. よろしくお願いします~。 I practice Fujimoto-ryu (ryu =type, style) Shamisen in San Francisco for a few years. (mostly Minyo)

I wanted to let you know about our performance this coming Sunday in San Mateo, California (in SF Bay Area). I have to note that we are a warm up for Japanese Dance Festival, performing in intermission time… and ticket is $30. So I hesitate to say, “Please come!” out loud, but in case if you like Japanese dance also, I thought it would be worthwhile. Here is the detail.

Event - Kiyonomoto Ryu USA Japanese Dance Group 2012 USA Performance

Date- August 19th, 12:30pm
(We will play in intermission, three songs, but one of them is Nihon Meikyokushu No. 2, a long and most difficult/challenging song for me)

Location - Bayside Performing Arts Center
2025 Kehoe Avenue, San Mateo

Ticket -$30

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks for reading!

welcome to the forum and I would be happy to pay for a ticket in case I was around san francisco . . . sounds like a good show . . .

off topic this reminds me of an also quite pricey sword fighting show in vienna when I was working a summer job there . . . I had noticed some ad the same day and for some reason thought it was free of charge when it really was this “big” event featuring a TV crew focused on local and foreign city level politicians and free cocktails in the break and as far as I remember an over 50$ ticket price . . . I got there about 10 minutes late though and ticket selling was closed a couple of others and myself were like this can’t be and ready to bribe the janitor of the facility with 10 $ each when an official lady showed up and eventually decided to let us in free of charge so that was nice . . .

Welcome to Bachido, Sea Shamisen! :slight_smile:

I may try to make it, but will probably be busy this Sunday.

On Nihon Meikyokushu No. 2, ganbatte ne~!! :slight_smile:

I’d love to be there! Thank you so much for mentioning your gig!
My car has broken down and the only way I would be able to get up to San Mateo is to catch a ride with Kyle. Please come down to Santa Cruz and visit us if you have the time! We’d love to meet you and play shamisen!

Hi, BH san, Kyle san, and Mr. Shamisensation!

Thank you for your interest! If you can’t make it this time, we usually play at Sakura Matsuri in San Francisco and Cupertino every year, so I will post our announcement. Both free event. We may also play for some event in fall and new year. But in San Mateo, there are a lot of good Japanese restaurants, so you wouldn’t feel so bad for driving? Several Ramem places, Izakaya, Sushi, even hamburg restaurant.

BH san, I think Sakura Matsuri also has Japanese sword demonstration, free event. It seems things/entertainment are expensive in Europe?

Oh, no, I don’t think I can play with you (and Kyle?), Grant san, cuz I am still a beginner!! I’ve been struggling with Tanuki part of Nihon Meikyoku shu, (ggh, so fast!!) though it’s fun.

Happy shami weekend!