shamisen plans

I am a novice instrument builder. I have made a few Lyres, Harps, Ukuleles, and flat back Lutes. All of these I have made from free plans on the internet. Does anyone know of any free Shamisen plans? I plan on building one if I can get my hands on a copy.

Thanks
terry

Actually, making a shamisen exactly like plans isn’t very exciting. You may follow the basic form,but the details will be chosen by you. Kyle and many others did so. They made the basic form,but they added their expression on the shamisen.

Hi Terry,

Welcome to Bachido! :slight_smile:

Very cool. If you have built all those instruments, I think you will find shamisen to be a very easy instrument to make. :slight_smile:

You might be interested in my book, Shamisen of Japan. It’s the only book to have a step-by-step guide to building a tsugaru shamisen, including templates to trace onto the wood.
http://bachido.com/products/shamisen-of-japan

Cheers!
Kyle Abbott

Hey, Kyle.
Is there any way to help me with the blueprints? I know I can get your book, but it is way to expensive for someone who live in my country. And even if we get the money, it can’t be delivered here, becuase my country is under heavy international sanctions (I’m not able to pay, we have no access to international banking system).

Hi Sean! I would love to send you a digital book, but unfortunately, at this moment I don’t have a digital format available. :frowning: I’m planning to make a new version of my book (with new pictures, and bigger) which will include an ebook version, but I haven’t started yet and it might not be ready until 2026. May I ask where you live? I wonder if there would be a way to ship you a book…

I live in Iran.
I saw it is available on Amazon, I may check UAE Amazon to see if it is available there. My city have 3 hours sea trip to there and there is company that buys us whatever we want from UAE.

Edit: I checked and it is available. Thank you very much

Oh great!! I’m glad you were able to find it! :smiley: