Shamisen skin tension

Which tension level between 1-5 does the sound of the shamisen in this song have?: naruto ost - strong and strike
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TsE01qdy5A

The shamisen parts begins at 0:20

Help is apreciated

That’s a tough question, considering all the variables. There is probably compression on the recording, along with all the other leveling. Then you gotta take into consideration koma placement…

Kyle; you got any idea?

Hey Johan!

Wow! What timing! Adrian and I were just listening to this song a few days ago. We’re working out a set of anime covers to perform at local animecons.

Adrian is true there. The recording does affect the tone. For example, the tone of the jonkara piece I uploaded yesterday sounded much sharper in the recording than it did live.

That said, I would just say it’s 3 - Average. It’s almost impossible to tell, but it’s nothing especially tight or especially loose.

As a note: we have been considering a couple tunes from Naruto, but we keep running into the snag of “dang, this song has awesome [drums, fue, koto, what-have-you], and we may not be able to cover that aspect….”

Keep your eyes peeled and ears at the ready though; we’ve got some awesome things in store~!!