Shamisen strings improvise

Hey guys I snapped my second string on the tsugaru. I just picked up some guitar string from my local music shop nylon ! And I was wondering what string I should use for it? E b g d a or last e it would be much help I would risk it but I don’t wanna mess anything up I was informed that you could use nylon guitar strings !

Never tested this myself but if i were to guess, high e or b string. Basically, classical guitars strings require more tension to tune up than shamisen strings.

I wouldn’t even risk it tbh but if you’re that desperate… Start with high e and work your way down. If its in tune but isn’t loud enough, move up in diameter.

I wouldn’t even mess with the bass strings because theyre too thick and also, the metal winding might scratch your neck, koma, itomaki, ect.

I think you can just order strings from amazon. Ebay for sure has em. I’m assuming you already done this and the wait time is too long. Anyway GLs.

Fishing line. Seriously.

Search on the forums here for some ideas on thickness.

I actually used the first e it was the perfect size and the sound isn’t anything different !

It was the nylon so it’s like an original string ! Feels good and has no metal on it. So if anybody evers needs some strings and needs to improvise use the high e nylon guitar strings I got the super soft string !