Should i be concerned about this?

Still pretty new to this so any advice is welcome.

Yes.

That’s the top layer of the synthetic detaching. Who did you buy from?

1 Like

I just had this same problem with a shamisen! I second @Brown, who did you purchase from? How long have you had this?

1 Like

The first thing I recommend you to do is to reach out to the seller, and ask for instructions and clarifications.

1 Like

MurasakiMusic on Etsy.

MurasakiMusic on etsy and ive had it since April.

Just contacted them they got back to me very fast and said “we had a batch of skins with an issue in the internal material” and that it was under warranty i can send it back for repair. So thats what im going to do. Its going to be a bummer waiting on it to come back though sigh.

1 Like

I used MurasakiMusic as well. It’s a bummer waiting for it to come back, but it’ll be worth it in the end. Wishing you the best!

1 Like

Yea ive been practicing at the least an hour a day i really want to get good at this lol and enjoy playing so its going be a long wait but your right itll be worth it. Thank you!

1 Like

Update! My dou has returned and it feels very nice! MurasakiMusic on etsy was very helpful and friendly throught out the whole process and they even threw in some free strings and a koma. Very excited to get back into learning!

1 Like

Update pt2 ive had some time to play and its much louder and crisp than before they did a really great job on the repair.