Simple songs/jingles

Hey guy im new to music and the shamisen but am in love with it so far. Im looking for some notations for simple songs like oh susanna or the saints go marching in. Anyone have any idea where i can find this type of thing?

Hey there, I suggest you try looking here for example: http://www.true-piano-lessons.com/when-the-saints-go-marching-in.html

On this page you can download notation and if you scroll down, you can see that there are simplified pictures that show you, which note to play along the words. That is actually pretty great for shamisen, because if you write a tabulation, you can actually write the notes you play by the words or syllables.
The russian song Katyusha is a great example for this.

For Melody and Rythm:

I think if you experiment a while with your shamisen or other instruments and your hearing gets better, you can tab everything by yourself.
Edit: IF you don’t know what note you are playing, just have a tuner or tuner app up and running besides you, while playing.

Wow thanks so much, yea im so new to music i really dont know what im playing, i do have a tuning app so i can try that! Im taking lessons on this website and just follow along with the shamisen notation.

I think you may learn standard notation, or I don’t know if it’s possible to transcribe Katiusha (egg.) for shamisen in shamisen notation

Sorry it can be a bit… silly