Stylish Fukuro and Shamisen (some playing too)

http://freecarvers.com/bh/DSC_1210.jpg

So I got this handmade BH handbag as a birthday present from my sister a couple of days ago and today I had the good fortune of picking up a splendid beautiful handmade fukuro at the post office sent from thailand by Catherine Thompson and also getting a stainless steel skin for seriously finishing my shamisen . . . :slight_smile:

Fukuro came in waterproof outer shell and sort of washi bag inner shell packaging in a tracable shipment and I like also in particular the combination of outer fabric and inner lining it overall looks and feels awesome . . .

And the austrian terminator skin came from a taxi collegue and was cut with laser like intent (by a laser) what can I say except that I will settle for that and an acrylic back skin for showing off the insides of my electric shamisen of course (and not to mention that clear plastic I happened to find being just thin enough for crafty me to cut it out with regular scissors)

So this is cool and I shall also post one or the other clip of my efforts at actually playing the instrument here as that may not be worthy of additional threads :slight_smile:

speaking of which a rare recording I made earlier after at least the active pickup was already installed and ready to go . . . :slight_smile:

Yeah!!! A BH leather-like handbag!! That is bloody tops! It’s really fun to see how you’ve gone from making Sems to now making a full electric shamisen, now fully accessorized! The journey continues. :slight_smile:

Hahaha! Your ‘Happy Birthday Mister Kevin San’ is soooo… Bachido! A Marshall amp next to a candle twanging out happy birthday with a chunky, distorted electric shamisen. Simply priceless! I love it! :smiley:

Keep up the spirit, BH!!

This is some awesome stuff! Great work. I love the electric sound. Right now I just use a stick-on piezoelectric pickup for acoustic guitar on my shamisen, which works (ok) but I can’t move around too much or all the shooshing gets amplified too! Still reluctant to drill a hole in the dou of my Kaneko… Great custom job!