The Bachido Contest! - New subtitle!

Bachido Contest: Write a short subtitle description (about 3 words) about what Bachido means to you!

Prize: The new Bachido Saofuki (cleaning cloth) with your winning subtitle, signed by Nitta san and myself (optional)!

Ideally, winner will be decided by the majority of Bachido members. However, Nitta san and I may make the final ruling if need be.

Why?
Admittedly, the subtitle “International Shamisen Society” is pretty stiff and doesn’t match more warm and friendly community that resides at Bachido every day. Not only that, once shakuhachi (and more!) education is added, Bachido will go beyond shamisen & espresso. Thus, we need a subtitle to capture the feeling of Bachido.

Good luck!

Kyle Abbott

BIWA! That’s so exciting!

My first entry/attempt: “Way of the Instrument”, à la most translations of “(何か)道”. Also, it allows for the expansion of other instruments later on.

I’ll keep thinking of things…

PS. I dig the newest update to the design.

My first.

The Global Ongaku Fellowship

My second…

The Global Ongaku Guild

And my others would be any variation of those. I’ll work on more tomorrow.

Just make that subtitle randomly change on each page to all the advised here options. Yeah, cleaning cloth to everybody!

Fellowship of the Shamisen
Bachi this, Bachi that
The way of Shamisen
International Weeaboo Society
Better donate now, %username%.
Why not practicing, %username%?
Thinking about Kawahari, %username%?
'Dat Shamisen

Sugoi!
Sugosugiru.
Sugokusugosugiru.
I’m not sure if any Japanese person would find that as hysterical as my high school Japanese class did.
But each of those translate to…
Amazing!
Exceedingly amazing.
Very exceedingly amazing.
I’ll be think about something else…

Haha, “The Roku-dawn of Your Japanese Musical Experience.”
That was bad, even for a pun.
Or, six steps to success. Hehe. Rokudan. Hehe.
:[

I really like the word ‘fellowship’. I’m gonna try incorporating that word somehow. (after all, we say ‘Bro!’ a lot, so nothing wrong with ‘fellow’ :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry ladies)

Bachido - Join us or die

Maybe not. I actually like International Shamisen Society and see no reason to change except for the addition of other Japanese instruments. I’d say the subtitle has to have something to do with japanese instruments, otherwise the subtitle is pretty useless. The reason is that you want to change partly because “society” feels intimidating, but you won’t get people interested in it if its called something general like “Bachido - We are SOOO friendly” or “Bachido - Our help will enrichen your life”. The problem really lies in that a regular person won’t know what Bachido means.

So you have “The ToneWay Project: helping people play music together”. That’s what you do and a person speaking English will relate Tone to Music. A person who wants to learn how to play an instrument might get hooked on that tagline.

At Bachido the angle is Japanese instruments and having an international place for bringing those people together. A person who has thought about learning some cool Japanese instrument will have to be hooked by the tagline and immediately realize what it is about. In that aspect “International Shamisen Society” is really good.

It’s hard to come up with a good subtitle but I guess “International Japanese Instrument Society/Community”

Just had a thought!!

Bachido
A Hougaku Fellowship

World Hougaku Fellowship

The Hougaku Fellowship Muthaf…!

I really like something like this, as it’s both descriptive about what it is (as you said, Karl), and fellowship captures the communal feeling that felt lacking.

‘Hougaku’ is shorter and smoother than ‘Japanese traditional instruments’,

‘Fellowship’ has the feeling without saying “We are SOOO friendly”. :wink:

And gotta say, I still like international.

International Hougaku Fellowship?

I thought of fellowship first :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’d prefer

“International Fellowship of Hougaku”

The others seem wordy having International and fellowship apart… almost seemingly redundant.

Aye, you did think of it! :slight_smile: If this is the best phrase that comes up, you will be the winner, as that word inspired the rest.

International Fellowship of Hougaku is nice… I’ll try a mockup later and see how it looks.

Indeed. It’s not over yet folks. Make a crap ton of ideas and ya got a better chance to win.

I think it’s almost decided,and since I dont play shamisen,may the ones who play win!

Nice one TJ

I actually don’t like fellowship at all. I can’t relate that word to something serious and while you are trying to make things seem more friendly, in my opinion fellowship will take away the seriousness fully. A certain ringbearer is the only thing that comes to mind.

^ This I can understand, however, the international, in my mind at least… gives it the more professional mark. There is also the word kinship and fraternity to consider, as well as band.

“International Band of Hougaku”

One could even make puns… and the ‘band’ aspect could be confusing, but also serve as a double meaning. A band is a group, and a band is also an artistry affiliation.

Hougaku Collective
International Hougaku Collective…?

Although I feel “International” and “Hougaku” clash a bit, being that it translates to “International (Traditional) Japanese Music/Instrument(ation)”.

Maybe

Sekai Kazu Gakki Senshu Yujo

It sounds pretty long for our contest here, but also pretty awesome as it is only in japanese

The translation is:

Worldwide (international) Japanese Intrument players friendship…

Pretty long isn’t it?

I will edit it later

I got one in english!

Worldwide Hogaku (maybe ongaku) Brotherhood

Kinship! I like that one! I do like ‘collective’ as but like the connection between ‘fellowship’ and LOTR, when I hear ‘collective’, all I can think of is, “We are the borg… you will be assimilated.”

…Which might not actually be a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I like Brotherhood (Am I right, Karl? :-P), I think that word may give the impression of excluding the female gender. After all, we got a bevy of Bachido Babes! :slight_smile:

World Hougaku Alliance (Star Alliance comes to mind, but that’s from flying ANA)

International Hougaku Order (Free Masons anyone?)

These are just some ideas. Take a few minutes, say each one. Pick and choose a fovorite from each combination. Then systematically eliminate the ones you like least. Finally, you will be left with only a few choices and we could go from there, or choose something else.

International Hougaku Federation

Federation of Hougaku International

International Federation of Hougaku

Hougaku International Federation

Hougaku Federation International

International Hougaku Community

Community of Hougaku International

International Community of Hougaku

Hougaku Community International

Hougaku International Community

Fellowship of International Hougaku

Fellowship of Hougaku International