'Tsugaru Jonkara Bushi' is now available!

Just released! Check out the new Tsugaru Jonkara Bushi (Kyu) shamisen lesson here! http://bachido.com/lessons/jonkara-kyu

Anyone interested in tsugaru shamisen will have no doubt heard this piece, as it is played by almost all tsugaru shamisen players, and is often heard in concerts or albums. Now, you can learn it and play it too!

This new shamisen course is online and available only at Bachido.com!

I was wondering when you’d get around to this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Great! Bachido has just taken a nice big leap forward! Much Thanks Kyle!

Eric: Truth be told, so did I. :wink:

Kevin: Hasn’t it! Thank you as well! And thank you for the Benya! Just fixed it 30 minutes ago!

That itomaki is from my failed ipe shamisen. At least now I have a reason for making it. To save this shamisen!

Is that a blue shamisen?

Indeed! That is Kevin’s Beniya, fully electric shamisen! :slight_smile:

I believe it’s the same one used here

Oh sweet. I didn’t know it was blue. I like the Beniya models, I almost took a trip out to their shop while I was in Japan, but I knew I couldn’t afford anything there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Which one is easiest to learn, kyu bushi, naka bushi, or shin bushi? And how long does it usually take to learn them. I have been playing for 11 months, and practise perhaps 1 to 2 hours a day, also during weekend that can go up to 5 hours. I know how to play rokudan 1,2 and 3, and akita nikata bushi, and or two other pieces. How long will a person like me take to learn a jongara bushi piece, as I might need to perform this in January, or contemplating it, but dont know if I am chewing more than I can bite. Either way I still plan to learn, would be nice to know how long one took to learn kyu, naka, and shin, at least the first redemption of it, as I know it can take years to fully get ones unique flavor to it. Thank you!!

That’s a great question! Given that you already have a handle of Rokudan and Akita Nikata Bushi, I thiiiiink you might have no problem with any of them. As you said, it takes years to get ones unique flavor, but that will happen on its own. I also learned the fun exciting songs early on and not until a decade later did it get a more unique flavor, but it was still fun, engaging and worth learning early because I was motivated to do so. Long story short, pick the song you are most motivated to learn, and you should be able to get a good handle on any of them within four months. :slight_smile:
Have fun and bachi on!

Thank you sensei Kyle, I will listen to them again, and see what really resonates the most for now, you are probably spot on the motivation aspect that is essentially the driving force for learning. Thank you again!