Tsugaru shamisen set for sale

Hi everyone!

I joined the forums a while ago and as I don’t really have the time to practice shamisen, I’m searching for a loving home for my tsugaru. I’m selling the whole set for $800 + shipping. Here’s a picture of everything together :

And here’s what you get:

• The tsugaru shamisen is made of karin wood with natural skin, it has a three-piece neck and a round azuma sawari. The lower skin shows no sign of defect, but I had to partially reglue the upper skin myself so it has less tension on one corner. The tenjin was also glued because it has been broken during shipping when I bought it. The shamisen still makes a very nice sound and is perfectly playable.
  • It has a black lacquered doukake with a golden plum blossom pattern, and I kept the original plain leather doukake. It’s in the box too.
  • A plastic bachi and a smaller one with a flexible resin tip (good for someone with smaller hands)
  • A bamboo koma with a bone saddle and a bekkou koma
  • Replacement strings
  • One yubikake
  • One cleaning cloth
  • One washi fukuro and one naga fukuro
  • One hard shamisen case
  • One bachi case and one koma case (they are made with black velvet leather with a white cherry blossom pattern)
  • The Shamisen of Japan book and a small electronic tuner (not in the picture but I’m giving them away with the set).

I’m from France, so if you’re from outside the European Union keep in mind that there are additional taxes to pay upon receipt. I’m a bit sad to let it go, but it will be better with someone with time on his hands, than sitting in its hard case and forgotten.

Hello Elodie,

Is the shamisen still available? I may have a potential buyer…email me at ryu.zen18@gmail.com.

Cheers,

Alcvin

Salut Elodie,

Is it sold…? (:

Best,

Douangmuckda

Hey everyone, just a message to let everyone know that the shamisen is officially sold, and will travel to its new home today :slight_smile:

Coming to Vancouver, yay!!! :slight_smile: