Weird buzzing sound from ichi no ito?

So this just started in the past few days. The strings, primarily ichi no ito, sound horribly buzzy no matter what I do. Even striking the 3rd string causes this horrible reverberation from the 1st, and I’m not even touching it. After some searching I saw Kyle had answered someone’s buzzy question that the sao wasn’t level, but I’ve only been playing for a few months tops. It’s a brand new instrument and shouldn’t have that sort of problem, right? Is it a problem with the strings? Does it mean they’re about to break? Or is it really a problem with the instrument as a whole? Thanks in advance for the help :slight_smile:

Mm…

If I was to hazard a guess, I’d think you may want to investigate your sawari and the condition of your strings before looking into kanberi.

If you have a mechanical azuma or en, adjust it. If you have only the yama-style sawari, adjust the amount of material you have in there.

Alternatively, it could be your ichi-no-ito about to pop. My first string gets positively awful sounding right before it breaks - a casual glance towards the string tends to confirm it.