I just got my shamisen last week so I’m relatively new to the shamisen community . The shami is secondhand from an online listing, I have no issues as it is in great condition but the original listing had no information on what type of bachi this is. I’m super curious because I can’t seem to find any information online either (in English at least. Maybe someone can link me to some resources?). If y’all can provide any info that would be much appreciated.
The bachi measures ~ 20 cm x 7.5 cm, correct? Material wise it looks ivory toned - but it could be plastic. Difficult to tell from the picture if it has striations. Some wear on the tips that have since been rounded down means it used to be a bit wider.
@Brown
Yuppers, you got the measurements right. Did forget to mention that it’s plastic haha. I’ve seen the Tetsukuro article before but not the Sansuien one. Thanks for your insight!