Win personal Mike Penny memorabilia!

I was super surprised when I received Mike Penny’s video lesson to review. In this lesson, he’s offering a PRIZE! - (http://bachido.com/school/mixolydian-mode-1-2)

In a presentation of the Mixolydian scale, Mike Penny teaches an infamous riff composed by Kevin Kmetz. Though seemingly difficult, Mike slowly guides you through the riff note-by-note in his Chop Builder!

Plus, Mike wants to hear how you’re doing, and so issues a challenge! Upload your efforts with his chop builder, or any improvisations within the modes he has taught. The one who uploads and practiced hardest will be personally awarded with one-of-a-kind Mike Penny memorabilia - Mike Penny’s Little League trophy from 1994!! If you win, he will send this to you, along with a personalized note by Mike Penny himself!

Don’t wait too long, or I might enter the contest myself! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hahaha! Oh this is classic!

I want to compete, but I don’t want trophies someone else earned haha!

I noticed some sweeeeeet sweep-baching there Mike. Is that something you teach in one of your videos? If not, you should!

I’ve tried it out when it comes to guitar but it’s not a technique I’ve perfected.

Done!

BaBAM! First entry attack!!
That was great, Ten Ten! Loved your upper-octave improv!

I feel it’s a chop like a tongue twister - The less you think about it, the smoother it goes. And once you start to actively think, the fingers get twisted (My current stage with the chop)

Oh Karl, that is the lamest reason for not joining the challenge! :wink: Who wouldn’t want official Mike Penny swag?? I vote that the next trophy is his middle-school jockstrap!

Oh, but I second that. Mike, I’d love to learn how to do that epic sweep!

I’ll be making my entry video soon! Thanks to Ten Ten for kicking it off!

I didn’t mean I won’t compete! I just mean that the trophy can be sold on ebay for charity instead of collecting dust in my bookcase!

Bam! Here’s my entry!
Things go downhill once I start going up the neck, but did the best I could. I have a hard time staying within one particular scale, especially when improvising.

I just caught the preview for Mixolydian Mode 2/2. Am I losing my mind or does Les Claypool drop in with “Let there be shamisen” at the one minute mark?