Yubi kake and naga fukuro

I’m so nerdy, I can’t just be happy with playing the shamisen, even though that requires a lot of work and practise.
I’ve always liked working with my hands, so when I saw the yubi kake I knew I wanted to do some of my own, and I had some ideas of how to make them!

Here’s my first attempt (I think he’s really cute):

When I bought my shamisen I didn’t get a naga fukuro with it, and I was told I should have one. So after Grant kindly had given the measures of his fukuro I set my self out on a mission to do my own. Here’s the Swedish version, with elks an all!

I really enjoyed making the fukuro, so I thought about making some more and maybe start selling them.
Anyone who would be interested?

OMG the panda is soooo cute! <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333
nice work :slight_smile:
i would totally buy from yea ^.^ hehe

Great work Anne :slight_smile:

Any nightmares of pandas eating your fingers yet?

XD lmao karl

also which one of you two introduced me to Kameya the japanese website for shamisen goodies?
I need help ordering

the panda is so cute I crochet too I would love to have your pattern as I love frogs I would turn it green. =)

Impressive.

Here’s mine. Not that cool but works fine too. Took a couple of hours to make it.

They are great! I would definately buy a yubi suri :slight_smile:

Same here! Would kill for a panda or penguin yubikake! :smiley:

cute although as for yubikakes I would personally want just a plain orange one . . . wow that fukuro looks very well made good quality Anne!

Thank you for all the compliments! :slight_smile:

K.H: I love your naga fukuro! Yeah, it took a couple of hours to make, so much fun!

Jessica: I don’t have a pattern, I just copied the one I had. But if you want me to I could write it down for you when I do my next one! :slight_smile:

Penguin, that’s a cool idea :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve been thinking of cat, bear, rabbit, turtle and all sorts of colours.

Think you could pm me a base cost for a husky pattern if you ever find one out?
and a dragon?

i may be needing a naga fukuro too ^.^

Ka-ka-kawaii!!! :smiley:

Ka-ka-kawaii!!! :smiley:

really want one >3

Cana: Of course I can give you the pattern if I figure out how to make a husky! Love the dragon idea! I’ll be pondering that for a while. : )
I could make a naga fukuro for you, how much can it cost and what colours do you want?

I’ll be posting them as I make them, and try to write the patterns down too.

hmmms well to be honest i should probably wait a week or two before buying one, not really sure on prices but i would love a fukuro with cherryblossoms, Ooo ^.^ that would be awesome ive never done any work with thread really… would love to try :slight_smile:

for the naga fukuro the design i would love you to have fun with ^^
i do love pink, black, white, blues etc
may prefer a black backround or a white one
But seeing as white stains easier maybe a black?

anything from 5-20 quid shouldnt hurt me too bad, but i’m not entirely too sure what the price is of them…

Wow that’s a very nice work Anne , well done !

Moose and Panda - you cannot beat this epic combo! Anne stole my yubikake when we were in Japan. Then she somehow magically makes this. I’m super impressed.
It’s so cute!!
I really like the Dragon idea! I seriously want a whole zoo’s worth of these little guys! :smiley:

Hahaha. Anne, your legend continues to grow!
I have to admit now that I am also harboring fantasies
Of these new styles. All these new animals put into new
Shami-gear! What an interesting century of novelty
We are living in!

I think I am going to go write a song now and call it
“panda string attack!”

Grant: A whole zoo it is! You sure you can handle the cuteness of the little thingies? :slight_smile:

Kevin: Oh yeah! Bring the “panda string attack” on! I want it on youtube now! :smiley:
Love it!
Oh, and, with the risk of being annoying, could you write down and send me the scales we were working on when I visited?
It would make good practise for me! (Need to get in shape for 2018 you know… :stuck_out_tongue: )

Would really love a yubi from yea ^.^… been trying to play without right now … and its hard, just using armwarmers