Bachido Blogcast E20

Those on the Bachido Forum knows there has been an anticipated coffee grinding song (inspired by the Bachido Mini-Fest in Sweden) to come from Kevin and myself.

What I was planning on practicing for just five minutes turned into a week of planning and rehearsing. With everyone wanting it preformed live (as opposed to previously recorded), the pressure was on. Did it come out passable? Let’s find out!

Also, some more Sapporo adventures from Day 6~7!

That came out really cool, but I think you have some work to do before you can quite match the musicianship of that coffee. A little more practice though, and you’ll make a star duo, I’m sure.
Congratulations to Kevin, as well.

Haha! Oh man, only Sinatra could rival the sound of coffee grinding in a Mazzer. :wink:

Actually, when we did a test run, Luke advised that I lower the key of the shamisen so it would match the “key” of the grinder. It’s all in those details!

Loved this episode! :smiley: it was probably the funniest so far x)

catchy tune especially after the first grind I think and great overall :slight_smile:

Uuuuuuuuaaaaaaauuuuuuu!!!
Nice tune man! Holy Smoked Salmon!
Let’s transcribe it using Karl’s new
Shamisen Composer!
Seriously though. That’s awesome!
Do more writing for cryin out loud!

The coffee song is great, but I was a little more interested in Kevin laughing awkwardly at the interrogation about his… uh… well.

cool…my favorite part is the spinning of shamisens

Good tune getting along with coffee grinder. Somehow I smelled coffee while watching and listening! My classical coffee grinder here is empty, though.

Wow, nice song. It’s got more movement than I expected from a composer who say’s he’s not really a composer. Y’know? But it’s got a great feel; really say’s “morning.”

Great work Kyle! I had no idea what to expect. When the prelude ended I was like, did he forget to start grinding? Then I realized that what I had heard was the prelude and that it was pretty long :slight_smile: Then the real song started and it was really great!

And all while standing on one leg… Splendid!

You should compose more Kyle, and especially with other players who have that ability. I think you’ve got some great duets coming up!

And yeah, I don’t know if you mixed up the tapes, but does this mean that Kevin met his lesbian friend before he was newly born? Talk about premature (censored)! Okay I’ll be quiet.

… does this mean that Kevin met his lesbian friend before he was newly born? Talk about premature (censored)!

Karl, you’re a very, very bad boy!!! {lol}

I didn’t think so far it just sounded like a penthouse letter to me . . . (just kidding I guess) although I prefer that Larry Flynt one but it is crazy expensive around here and that for some watered down “international” version that is available . . . speaking of worldwide business I always considered throwing an “exotic” site out there to see whether it would generate any cash via affiliate programs . . . I first want to rebuild my snowboarding site though . . .

… does this mean that Kevin met his lesbian friend before he was newly born? Talk about premature (censored)!

Karl, you’re a very, very bad boy!!! {lol}

:wink:

i spend most of my time laughing when i watch the blogcasts…
great song though

Thanks guys! What can I say, though it was the first song I took time to compose, with such an inspiring theme of grinding coffee, conveying the glee into music was easy. Perhaps that’s a way to come up with music - Think of a certain thing that makes you feel strongly and convert what ever comes to mind into music. :slight_smile:

Stay tuned! Today or tomorrow, an epic Bachido announcement will be released!

Dude that tune was amazing! It sounded really pretty :slight_smile:

I’m getting more and more excited to hear the album! Oh boy!
That Nitta never ceases to amaze me at how much press coverage he can wrangle when the time comes, haha.

I’ve gotta say Kyle, it was a damn fine song. I was a little wary at first with the etude, but then you picked up the pace and really smashed it home! That couple with the sweet crooning voice of your mazzer in the background, we couldn’t have asked for better!