Been awhile..

It has been quite awhile since I have been online! Pardon my absence, and welcome to all the new members to the Bachido family!

I have learned much in my time away, and hope that everyone is achieving success after much repetition of your studies. Please do not give up! It can sometimes seem as a means to an end to practice one phrase for an hour straight but your body is learning and will continue learning. Even a song can take a year or longer to master. I’m sorry for not posting any videos of progress but I will stick one up as soon as I am ready.

Next year, I have my “duel” with my sensei to show how far I have come from when we met. I really cant wait to see him again. After that I will be in Hokkaido for a few weeks. I will do my best to succeed and I hope all of you keep practicing even if its only once per week. Sometimes that break away from your shamisen can help you better appreciate picking it back up and help you to enjoy it more thoroughly as you have a fresh mind and a new approach.

All the best!
Cana

Cana, it’s great to here from you once again here on Bachido!

Have a nice trip in Hokkaido! I’ve been there about a week ago and the weather was a bit more cooler than in Tokyo and Osaka.

If you go, you have to get in touch with Nitta san.