Biwa

This is a bit off subject but I bought a antique biwa I plan to “resurrect”, it should be interesting project. I was wonder does anyone have an idea on what the string from fret distance should be. This is my first attempt at fixing a biwa, so any info, or direction to someone with said info would be most appreciated.

Personally I have no idea, but I suppose you’d need 1) which type of biwa it is 2) approximate year 3) some pictures and then maybe someone is able to help. Don’t think the biwa is much known outside Japan though :-/

Never mind all. I contacted the person who sold me the biwa, and he sent me pictures and measurements of what the parts should be and where placed. Including string distance. Good to go now.

I would like to make a biwa, but I dont have pictures and measurements of it. Heike biwa might be good for me. Does anyone have some idea how to get measurements etc?

https://www.google.fi/search?q=heike+biwa&es_sm=122&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CDMQsARqFQoTCO_Zs6qqhcYCFSKfcgodisgAoQ&biw=1920&bih=955

I can send you my dimensions

Hi Gary,
Can you send by e-mail? I would be very happy to receive them.

Sure, my email is belgarauth at g mail dot com. This weekend I’ll take some shots and measures

Hi Gary!
Did you receive my e-mail which I sent about two weeks ago?
I’m very interested in biwa.

sorry I didn’t get your email, can you try again and I’ll send all dimensions tomorrow

I just sent you email again. Hope you receive it.

Hi Gary!
Thank you very much for your mails you sent Jul 12. They help me a lot.

Since you are trying to build a biwa, I was wondering if you would like the one I was going to repair. You could use it for measurements for the one your building, or just opt to repair this one yourself. I was going to refurbish this one, but I opted instead to buy a new one. Have been short of time, and probably will never get around to repairing it.I will also send you the Faux bone ivory I was going to use to replace the parts. I am not selling it, this is just a matter of finding it a home. So there is no price for it to worry about. This is not a sale,it’s free

Thank you very much. Now I’m waiting for it.