Buying the Beginner's Shamisen

Hello,
I’m very interested in buying a shamisen. I do however have two questions:

One, do you ship to Israel? If so, what is is the estimated delivery time?
Two, what is included with the kit? I hope I don’t ask anything silly I just had a bbit of trouble understansing but, do I get the strings and a bachi as well so I can actually play it or do I need to buy them separately?

Sorry again if I asked anything silly and thanks in advance!

Hi Yotam and welcome to Bachido!

These are not silly questions at all. It is only natural to wonder about such details I think.

If you purchase your shamisen on Bachido, Kyle will make sure you have everything needed to begin. He offers excellent quality products and he is passionate about helping anyone interested in shamisen. Feel free to ask him any questions or to post it here as you did already.

I’ve found almost my answers on Bachido’s website when I started to learn.

If I am not mistaken, the Beginer’s shamisen is not just the instrument but it come with a Bachi, strings, neo and a few Bachido swags too.

Isn’t it Kyle?

I’m not sure Jacinthe. According to the beginner shamisen’s page it is recommended to buy the accessory set (bottom of the page) and the koma and bachi are not included in this set. Of course all this must be confirmed by Kyle !

By saying “if I am not mistaken”, it was a way to cover myself because I didn’t check on the site to verify before posting my comment.

It is possible that the 2 options are offered. In this case, taking the set would be the best option to get everything needed. But this is just what I think…

Kyle will eventually write here to give his feedback on the matter.

Hi Yotam! Welcome to Bachido!

Thank you Jazz and Patrick for replying! :slight_smile: I’ve been so busy at Bachido HQ, I really appreciate your activity (and from others too!) on the forum very much! :slight_smile:

Those are great questions! First, we can indeed ship to Israel, and it usually takes about a week (or less) for delivery.

As Patrick correctly says (though you’re close, Jazz! :slight_smile: ), the Beginner’s Shamisen is just the instrument, as it’s shipped direct from the maker. However, further down on the page you can see the accessory set, bachi and koma which you can order and accessorize your shamisen with.

Thank you all for being a part of Bachido! :slight_smile:
Kyle

Hi Yotam! Welcome to Bachido!

Thank you Jazz and Patrick for replying! :slight_smile: I’ve been so busy at Bachido HQ, I really appreciate your activity (and from others too!) on the forum very much! :slight_smile:

Those are great questions! First, we can indeed ship to Israel, and it usually takes about a week (or less) for delivery.

As Patrick correctly says (though you’re close, Jazz! :slight_smile: ), the Beginner’s Shamisen is just the instrument, as it’s shipped direct from the maker. However, further down on the page you can see the accessory set, bachi and koma which you can order and accessorize your shamisen with.

Thank you all for being a part of Bachido! :slight_smile:
Kyle

Thank you so much Kyle! Also since I’m a bit short on budget another two quick questions: the plastic Bachi is the cheapest but it says it’s difficult to use, is it still a good idea to buy it as a beginner? Also are there any shipping fees?

Hi Yotam,

I started on plastic before changing to bekkou. The biggest thing I noticed is that there’s very little flex in the pick, and I found the balance to be a little uncomfortable. It put more stress on my wrist.

It’s still possible to get decent tone with it, it’s just less pleasant to play with.

Gooooood luck