First Ever - Bachido Summer Tokyo Gathering (2012)

I got an awesome interview with Jamie on my camera!

Are you talking about the skytree one where I totally blanked on a lot of stuff, or the key of E one where I think I kept flinching cuz I was expecting all three of my strings to snap into my face at any moment?

Seriously, though, it was an amazing day and it was great meeting everyone. It’s such a rare thing that I get to play with other people, and I couldn’t have asked for better company. Thanks for pushing me to improvise, too! It’s something I don’t do enough of on my own. (And to be honest, I actually haven’t listened to much of Masahiro’s stuff. I guess I should catch up if we’re apparently shamisoul mates.)

Looking forward to the next one, where I hope I get to hear more of Yukiki and John’s non-Tsugaru stylings, too!

Hi!
I’m the “Ms key of E” Yukiki :slight_smile:

I really wanna say Big thanks to everyone
I had a great time♪♪

And especially thanks for Norm, Kevin and Jamie,
That was awesome Utazuke! really thanks for that!
ありがとうございました!!!
(I apologize for my key is to high for Tsugaru and bothering you)

Hi Yukiki San ,
Not at all! We all enjoyed the experience (I hope )!
Although Jamie seemed worried of string breaking!
Haha. But Utazuke is always fun!
Arigatou!

Kyle ~ organizing the event may have been a bit of work, but the event itself seemed to flow like water~

That rings true. :slight_smile: My family’s hosts several bluegrass events, and the same thing happens. Lots of planning, but the smooth social dynamic takes over when people come. :slight_smile:

Honestly, I would like to make this an annual thing.
And if possible, I would love it if the bachido gathering, became an annual bachido convention! (5 year plan baby!)

That would be awesome!! Maybe a yearly convention in different parts of the world, all around the same time! (I’m sure many members in America/UK couldn’t afford to make it to Japan) :slight_smile:

When you get the video done, let’s definitely show Masahiro. As you know, he’s wanting to have a festival in Hokkaido, and definitely has the influence to potentially get workshops led by Kinoshita, Agatsuma, himself and other stars. When he sees the magic you’ve created, I think that will opens the door to a great collaboration, merging your talents/ideas with his power/fame to create a Bachido MegaFest!

There is just so much potential.

Man, I felt the immense potential the moment I first heard your idea to have a Bachido meetup. :slight_smile:

Videos…

This was such a well planned and important event, there’s no reason to do a rush job on the videos. Please take your time. :slight_smile: If we queue up all our contributed videos in the weekly schedule, it’ll give you a little over a month to get the first segment released! :slight_smile: If that’s still too little time, don’t worry about it. As Kevin said, it’s worth the wait. As I say, hunger makes the experience taste better… as it were.

Thanks for getting Kevin down there. :slight_smile: It feels so right that he was able to make it. After all, he really started this all. I just have a lot of time on my hands and a giant ego in my head. :wink:

Kyoko san took this picture of Ki Ki when the Bachido group went to see them play. :slight_smile:

Very pretty looking music! :slight_smile:
What can I say, I’m a sucker for shamisen girls.

Thanks for doing this for me, Kyle san!
I think I am going to the softbank shop and ask for help to do photo attachment on Bachido. Hopefully I do it myself next time.

Ganbatte and thank you Kyoko San and Kyle!

Thank you,Kevin san! Ganbarimasu.

wow Ki & Ki, love em!
Sounds like a great day, really wish I could of been there but it was never possible lol (I need a better job).
I like Kyles idea of each “region” having an annual bachido meet-up, if plane tickets aren’t too expensive maybe us Europeans could meet somewhere in the middle, I’ve never really been anywhere so I would be willing to save up and travel, need to buy a passport first though lol :).

wow Ki & Ki, love em!
Sounds like a great day, really wish I could of been there but it was never possible lol (I need a better job).
I like Kyles idea of each “region” having an annual bachido meet-up, if plane tickets aren’t too expensive maybe us Europeans could meet somewhere in the middle, I’ve never really been anywhere so I would be willing to save up and travel, need to buy a passport first though lol :).

Yes! Anne and I were actually talking about that and I mentioned there should be some people from the UK that would be interested! Glad to hear we were right!

They should be planned at different dates if possible, so that those who can afford a ticket elsewhere can participate in several events.

Within several years I would love to join Bachido gathering in Europe! I have been saving for my first trip to Europe and really have no special place to visit. Now I come to understand it must be to see you there.

Yes! Anne and I were actually talking about that and I mentioned there should be some people from the UK that would be interested! Glad to hear we were right!<

I love the idea! We should start planning out some dates for next year soon!
It’s really easy to go to Stockholm from many parts of Europe for example, so that is one suggestion. Kind of cheap too, Ryanair flies from a couple of destinations in UK and many destinations in Europe to Stockholm, Skavsta. Sometimes for hilariously low prices. :slight_smile:

Hey! I might start up a savings too. I think Kyle should fly out somehow to this or at least one such event… (Bachido Europe gathering) Grant too…!
Well anyway hope to meet you all soon !

hi Anne, was just checking the tickets, and yeah its surprisingly cheap…

Sid : Yeah isn’t it great!
Kevin: Great idea! Would be great to have you all (or at least one of you legends) over! Need to start looking for funding, usually there is money to find for these kind of things within the European Union.
Oh, plans taking form!
I’ll get back to you about this, give me a little time! :slight_smile:

I have a good friend in Sweden who I have not seen in years so I’d have several reasons to go to Sweden in the future now if some kind of Sweden Bachido meeting/gathering thing will be happening?
Anyway , sounds awesome… I know it’s already another post but just wanted to add something here!

I’m so happy that we’re having such epic events going on! Mad props to Norm for taking the initiative and slam-dunking this get together!
I wish I was there, but I know that if Kevin showed up, he definitely represented for the California crew!

Having a European taikai or big meeting has been a dream of Kyle and I since last year when it almost became a reality. Also, given the fact that there are so many new players out there, the possibility is becoming more and more likely!

I’ll be coming to Sweden in the none-too-distant future, and so I would love to try and organize something similar to the Bachido gathering in Tokyo!

That is going to be great, Grant!!! It was really a great and exciting event in Tokyo. I might be seeing you in Aomori next year, too.

Hey Norm,
How’s it going down there in the big city? Hope to hang out again soon! The recent gathering in Tokyo is still a fond recent memory. I know you must be Mad busy like the rest of us but just to let you know I’m really looking forward to your vid edit of the event!
Awesome!
Keep in touch bro!

Good morning!
Exactly the same here, Nakamura san.