First Ever - Bachido Summer Tokyo Gathering (2012)

Hey everyone, thanks so much for the messages and such~
2 points on the video editing.

1. While yes, it is true that I am rather busy right now, I am making every conceivable effort to work on the video

however

1. I am working with over 30gb of HD footage and unfortunately cannot find a free video converter that will enable me to convert it to a workable size/format

As I have not had much time in front of the computer lately, this has set me back a bit, but I assure you all it will be done!

I will keep at it and toss in the odd progress update now and then~

Cheers

Hey Norm, welcome back! :slight_smile: (It’s been over 72 hours!)

I may be able to help you with that. I’ll send you a PpppM.

Again, take as long as needed. For an event as epic as what you created, it deserves due course, and patience from us. :slight_smile:

Hey Norm, welcome back! :slight_smile: (it’s been over 72 hours!)

Hmm, I may be able to help re: video converting 'n stuff. I’ll send you a pppppm.

Again, even if it takes a year, the wait is well worth it (Even though I anticipate the release almost-daily :-P). For an event as epic as what you created, it deserves due time, and our patience. :slight_smile:

中村さああん! It feels like I have been missing your Ladies and Gentz call for several months and waiting for another get together call!
For I am a computer illiterate and do not know what is going on, decided to sit back and just wait. With a nice glass of iced coffee.
Nagoya area goes up to crazy 35 degrees centigrade. It is like in an oven.

Ladies and Gents~

A bit of an update on the video~
Finally got things running smoothly enough that I should be able to edit our bachido video by the end of August!!!

I will aim to put up a “Teaser” video within the next week or so (providing my PC and schedule allow me to)

As I know many are waiting in heavy anticipation for the release of this video, I would like to say the following: it’s going to be good. like… really good!
And I dont mean this in terms of editing or quality lol, but rather in terms of content.
We got a lot of great shots (over 3.5 hours of video in total), and I have watched it all countless times in order to assess which clips will be included.

With that much footage, it has been tough to decide what to keep and what to cut (>_

Hey Norm,
Thanks for keeping us updated! Well I would personally say to go for the more serious classic style. It’s already become somewhat of a trend for us all to be rather goofy in our vid posts whenever we share stuff here on the forum so having something done a little more seriously would IMO be beneficial. Also as you were saying for promo to other players and/or event sponsors .

Whoa nellie! Better sticky this again!

That is really awesome news!!! And it’s really good to know that the footage is good. :slight_smile: In making the family blogcasts, we’ve found that if the footage is good, it needs very little editing. If the footage is underwhelming, a lot more tedious editing has to be done.

That sounds like so much fun. :slight_smile: Painful too. When there’s so much good footage, it’s like a being a kid in a candy store. You want to have it all! :smiley:

I agree with Kevin. The video you make will be great for future events, so it’d be wise to have it serious (while still showing people having fun or being a little goofy of course… showing that it was a great time :slight_smile: )

So, I know that an official version should be short and to the point, but we all want to see everything that happened as well. I think we can have our cake and eat it too! :slight_smile: What about having two versions? One would be short and sweet: A condensed package showing the MOST awesome-est official moments in movie style, with intention to for official means/promotion. That will make it the most gripping for important people outside of the Bachido community.

The second version would be meant for the Bachido community and can be greatly extended to show everything that happened. If you think there is a full hour of priceless footage? Make six 10-minute episodes! I’m sure none of us will mind a mini-series. :slight_smile: Got a full 2 hours of gold? Make twelve 10 minute shows! (when you have time, of course. It doesn’t have to be consecutive) Nothing wrong with a season. :slight_smile:

I’m pumped!! No need for espresso tonight! :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, I just read the wall of text since I started moving out. I was anticipating those youtube links at the end. Now you’ve hyped it even more. Bring it Norm :smiley:

Progress Update

Ladies and Gents,

Here is what has been decided (along with a rough schedule)

Within the Week:
A 1.5 min teaser video featuring certain clips and scenes from The Gathering.
They key points to this video include:

• Utilization of the new bachido mon
  • Featuring a short song that was created on the day of The Gathering entirely through improvisation, as the background music.

Within the Month
Bachido - The Gathering - 2012 Actual Title TBD
An official promo video of The First Ever Bachido Summer Tokyo Gathering that will run through the day and its events.
This video will be fun but a little more serious and will also be used to promote Bachido to shamisen lovers, the big players in Japan, and will also be used to hopefully land full or partial sponsorship for next years gathering!

By Mid-Autumn
Bachido - The Gathering 2012 - Behind The Scenes Actual Title TBD
A behind-the-scenes look at The First Ever Bachido Gathering
This video will be an extended version of the full promo vid and will feature:

• Scenes cut from the original
  • Creator commentary (by me!!)
  • At least 2.5 jokes!
  • Coffee!!
  • More Music
  • Hats
  • Interviews with/by at least 2 members
  • A secret surprise?

I look forward to putting this all together!
And now that the 987234987234 Gigabytes of footage has been cut and concentrated, its just a matter of time…

So put on your anticipation pants and get ready for a ride!

Where is that spamming leggings salesman when you need your anticipation pants?!?!?!

Can’t wait!

Where is that spamming leggings salesman when you need your anticipation pants?!?!?!

Yay! For clever word play, Karl!

Norm,
I’m mostly looking forward to the Hats and the .5 joke.

Hey, Norm!!! It is getting almost scary, what’s going on with ya???
Help(>_

Patience Kyoko San… patience !
Take a deep breath. One… Two…
Daijyoubu?

Thanks, Kevin san(^O^) お風呂にゆっくり入ってきたらおちつきました。ゆっくり待ちますね。

Patience Kyoko San… patience !
Take a deep breath. One… Two…
Daijyoubu?

Kyoko San,
All is well, and I encourage you to check out the update above in all its glory! (hint: The schedule layout was 93% for your enjoyment!!)

I plan on putting a good 3-5 hours into the teaser tonight as I try to decide what footage will make the cut for the main video~

So sit tight!! Don’t let your anticipation pants get the best of you (^_-)… I know they can be itchy lol

The Trailer

So it took 4 hours of cutting, arranging, AEing, and music work… it’s 3 A.M. and I need to be up in a short bit… But

Ladies and Gents… Here is the trailer:

ps.

Kyoko san: You’re welcome (^_-)

It’s on!

Love the ending pan of the evening and the water. Makes you wanna have more :slight_smile:

Thank you, Nakamura san! It is perfectly done, well organized and last part is so beautiful. The trailer is a piece of artwork!

Oh my…

Like Karl said, it’s begun!

Excellent job, Norm! Man, having a cameraman was well worth it! The ending scenes are exceptionally epic. :slight_smile: The outside scenes are especially movie like.

As Kyoko said, it’s a piece of art! Also, nice to see what you look like. :slight_smile: (I assume that’s you on the left)

At 1:09, are y’all playing along with the karaoke?

Mmm…mmm tasty!