For anyone in the Tokyo area

Ladies and Gents,

How is everyone?

I am putting up this post in the hopes of gaining a bit of momentum for the Tokyo Summer 2012 Shamisen Gathering

Date and Time are yet to be determined, but it would be nice to see 3-5 members.

The ‘Gathering’ will be a great opportunity to meet fellow shamisen players, share songs, techniques, stories, and perhaps even put together a little video for the Bachido community.

Anyone who is available in July or August, and would like to join, please visit:
http://bachido.com/events/2

Kyle, sorry you can’t make it (-_-). We will print a picture of you and reserve a space for it!

I look forward to meeting some (hopefully many) of you soon!

Hey Norm,

I’d love to make it down there. Keep in touch about TBA stuff!

中村さん!I would really love to join in the meeting. What a great invitation.
Kyoko Senga

Oh sounds like fun! I would love to go, hopefully I can!

Could always rent a karaoke room. Can play Shamisen (if the karaoke place is okay with it), eat some food, sing (if you want to!) etc. Just a thought.

I won’t have much to contribute, and won’t even have my rental Shamisen until August. But if Kevin and Senga-san think they’ll be there that will make it special because they would be coming from so far away! It would be wonderful to meet fellow Shamisen players in Japan!

Keep us updated! :slight_smile:

I think I’ll be back in America before this happens, which is really unfortunate, because I’d love to go…

hmm hopefully when im on my feet ill get to go to a uk version of this… Will be looking out for videos ^^ kevin remember to bring your fire extinguisher…

Sorry, won’t be in Japan till next May…

Man, this sounds like it’s gonna be awesome!! Like Cana, I’ll be looking for to pics and video of the occasion! And yes, better bring the fire extinguisher Kevin. Sounds like this is gonna be hot, potentially a fire hazard. :wink:

Kyle, sorry you can’t make it (-_-). We will print a picture of you and reserve a space for it!

Hahaha!!! That might actually be worth it if you got it on video! :smiley:

Hopefully this will be the start of many more official/unofficial meetups. I mean, I wouldn’t mind going to Australia/UK/Sweden/Ireland/Finland/etc. :wink:

Norm, I forgot, have you been to Katou san’s shop much? I know he’s very busy, but maybe you could tell him about it. Whether or not he’d be able to attend, I’m sure he’d be overjoyed to hear about such an event. :slight_smile:

Wow that’s great~
I am glad everyone is so excited about this

Next Step:
Can everyone who is considering attending, go to the event page and post dates (or at least a range of dates) where they think they would be available?

I can use this to at least narrow things down a bit and start hammering out more details!

Ladies and Gents

We now have a set of potential days AND a schedule seems to be coming together~

As for dates, we are looking at:

Sat. July 14th
Sun. July 22nd
Sat. July 28th

At the moment, we are leaning towards the 14th~

As for what we will do, the list currently includes:

• a Jam session

• a meal at a shamisen restaurant where the yoshida brothers got their start

• a stop in at a wonderful shamisen store!

• making a video~

• a door-prize

• a mystery activity

For anyone who has not yet RSVP’d and is able to join, please go to http://bachido.com/events/2 and pop in your choice of date!

Aaaaaaaaa… soundslikeit’sgonnabesocoooooool!!!

One fun Osusume: Field trip to Oiwake. :slight_smile: http://oiwake.info/

Looks like the itinerary is already jam-packed with awesomeness, so maybe Oiwake would be a little too much for one day. Anywho, just a idea. :slight_smile: I’m sure they’d get a real kick (in a good way) out of seeing so many shamisen players/enthusiasts come in.

lol Kyle… it will~

Actually we have a general idea of what the day is going to look like now, and with any luck, we will have a good number of members as well (^-^)

And yea Oiwake is a great place~

I actually used to live almost beside it lol

It’s too bad that you are going to be leaving 2 days before the first ever bachido Tokyo gathering

It almost makes me want to cry just thinking about it lol

Norm, I forgot, have you been to Katou san’s shop much? I know he’s very busy, but maybe you could tell him about it. Whether or not he’d be able to attend, I’m sure he’d be overjoyed to hear about such an event. :slight_smile:

Katou san has a studio above his shop, if you’re planing on renting out a karaoke room, why not see if his studio is available too? then him and his staff can even join in :wink:

oops~
Sorry, I forgot to reply to that one
Thanks Chris!

Actually, I haven’t been to Katou’s shop yet~

And while things have already been set in motion for this particular event in terms of where things will take place, I think that it might be a great idea to talk to him about future events!~

Thank you so much for the wonderful idea~

I still need to get out there and get to know him as well

Heck, if it wasn’t for the pain in the a$$ typhoon passing through Tokyo right now, I’d head out tomorrow lol

But thanks again!

了解!Ah man, it’s gonna be truly awesome. My original plan was to go for two weeks, one week in Sapporo and one in Tokyo, but my folks asked me to only stay for recording as I have responsibilities here. At the time, I didn’t have any real obligations (other than visiting Bachido members and Katou san), so I didn’t have much of a case for staying the extra week. However, only after I bought my ticket did legitimate reasons form for going to Tokyo. FFFFFFFFFFffffff…

Oh well. At least it’s happening in the first place. :slight_smile:

Yikes! How are you handling the typhoon? Is there any loss in power or anything?

I love it when it’s stormy and windy here, but being in California, it’s undoubtedly not as intense as other places.

lol

yes, awesomeness is in the plan for the day~ lol

As for the typhoon, it was (as always) nothing to write home about lol.

just a little wind and a few drops of rain.
lol but thanks for taking the time to ask~