I`m finally doing what I`ve always wanted to do! YAY!

Hi Bachido and Kyle and everyone!
Sorry I havent been very active here in recent months but I wanted to share my excitement for our new concert coming up this weekend.
For many years now I have been suffering from a strange addiction which has kind of turned into a ridiculous obsession over time.
Basically I cant stop covering the music of Japanese Pop star Kyary Pamyu Pamyu on Shamisen.
At first I was embarrassed but then later I learned to embrace my passion for Kyarys music and from that point on I just kind of went for it!
Well FINALLY this weekend Ill be doing something Ive always wanted to do.
A full set of Kyary songs LIVE in concert at the Hachi art museum theater in Hachinohe city. I know most of you dont live close enough to attend but figured I`d share anyway. If you happen to know anyone who lives in northern Japan and is a Kyary fan and also who loves Shamisen, be sure to let em know!

Here is a little promo vid we made for the concert. enjoy!

Kevin, I think nothing is embarracing, if done well. I have a friend who plays 25-string koto, and, time ago, she covered one of AKB48 songs! She made us listen to the song, and to the original song. Honestly, I don’t like AKB48’s music, but she really did a great job, arranging it in a completely new way! So, don’t worry!
The important is that you don’t copy nothing
We will be very glad if you can post something (such as photos, videos etc.) regarding the concert!!!

Thank you Sakura Haru San! I’m hoping to get some video footage!

Awesome but will that venue be big enough and have medical personnel around in case word about this concert should also get out to the schoolkids?

Haha, your kyary covers sound great! Can’t wait to see the videos.

Yikes! Nice promo!
Would it be possible to live-stream the whole thing to facebook or youtube or twitch or ustream…you get the point =)

haha, nice thought BH!

Keep going and make your dreams comes true Kevin! :slight_smile:

Wow… I could not think they are Kyary’s covers… they are very different than the original songs

Crazy and totally awesome! Looking forward to the footage B-)

Yes!!!

Years in the making!!! Congrats

Thanks everyone! Just got home after the kyary pamyu Shamisen Revolution show and am now chilling out, drinking a beer and trying to calm down after the excitement of tonight’s concert. First off, I was thrilled at the turn out. Our venue was packed and we ended up selling way more tickets then I had anticipated. Secondly our full set of Kyary songs turned out perfect. My two students, Aidan Morrison and Kyoko Yamane played perfectly and with our amazing friend Yuki Nakamura accompanying us on grand piano it all came together so well that I was extremely happy at the end of the show! Our set was 1. Pamyu Pamyu Revolution 2.) Ninjari Ban Ban 3.) PONPONPON 4.) Kyary’s March 5.) Sai and Co 6.) Noriko & Norio 7.) Kimi Ni 100% 8.) Furisodeshon 9.) Invader, Invader 10.) mi and 11.) Tsukematsukeru. Wow! Can’t believe we did it! So proud of Aidan and Kyoko. Anyway sorry for rambling again. The post concert buzz hasn’t worn off quite yet. Whew! Ok. Next step …tomorrow I will take a look at some of the video footage and begin uploading whatever seems cool (hopefully all of it) . So for those interested, please give me a day or two and I will begin posting some links as soon as
Possible . Bachi on Kyle and all of Bachido!

I’m very happy to hear these concert’s news!
Please make us see and listen to something! :slight_smile:

Hey Kevin!! I saw some pictures on Facebook! No joke, that really is a dream come true!! Congratulations on making it happen and selling tons of tickets!! I wish I could be there to see it!
Bachi on, Kevin!!

Just watched your cover of Furisodeshon on your YT channel - amazing as always!

Wow! Thanks. I still have some more clips to upload and then I’m hoping to post some links here soon.

Congratulations on a great show Kevin! Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has some great upbeat and fun songs, I look forward to seeing the videos.

Live shows are fun.

Thanks sooooooooo much for making us happy listening to you! Please upload more videos!

Thanks Sakura! Hey Kyle and Bachido and everyone. I’ve been slowly uploading videos from this show. I plan to post links soon but I’ll have to wait until tomorrow as right now I’m trying to put my daughter to sleep. Hang on. Be back here shortly!