Kubo and the Two Strings

I have yet to see Inside Out, I have heard it wasn’t great but I plan to check it out. If you are anyway interested in Irish culture and myths I can recommend two animated movies(I’m not certain if they are easily available outside of Ireland but they might be). They are called “Song of the Sea” and “The secret of Kells”. They were made by an Irish animation company called Cartoon Saloon and both movies are excellent, although “Song of the Sea” is my favourite.

alright thanks those do sound tempting!

B H , haha! Bambi was also the first movie I saw at a cinema!

Looks like there’s going to be a new trailer tomorrow morning. I’m curious to hear the soundtrack and see who’s performing on it.

You mean a new trailer for Kubo?

Yup. According to Facebook there will be a new trailer for “Kubo and the Two Strings” at 8:00am PST tomorrow.

Or in your case Keven, later today. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Bad time conversion on my part. What is that, 1:00am on the 11th?

Ooh can’t wait to see it! :slight_smile:

I’m really glad so many people seem excited to see this film. It’s a kind of hope that I have that this will help inspire some more people to learn Shamisen for themselves. Seems like one of the first (if not THE first) film outside of Japanese films (such as Nitaboh and the blind Shamisen warrior films. Damn! Forgot the name. And also Chikuzan- the lonely journey with Tsugaru Shamisen etc.) anyway what I mean is this seems like possibly the first film made from American/Euorpean companies that weaves the Shamisen into the storyline. Exciting !

Trailer 2!

Also. Shamisen+origami=Orishami. View post on imgur.com

Edit: Apprently gifv embedding isn’t working on this forum yet.

I actually have some “Secret information” on Kubo and the Two Strings which I’m currently not allowed to share with you guys. However it seems like just a matter of a week or two until I can reveal this Kubo secret here on Bachido. So check back here in a few weeks and I will then be able to share the info with my Bachido friends! Woo hooooo!!!

Lemme’ guess! Kevin Kmetz is on the soundtrack??

Well Laika has been very clear with me not to say anything about this on any public forums just yet. But I can tell you all this much. The music is in the final stages of being reviewed. Once I hear the final word that it has been approved by the producers then I can reveal the secret. I’m not saying its me on the soundtrack though. Just to be clear. I haven’t said that yet. Ok? We’re clear on that right? I mean there’s a small chance the work I’ve done on this film will be rejected and for that reason I’m not suppose to talk about it publically just yet. But hey! Keep your fingers crossed everyone. As soon as we get approval I’ll be able to share the tales of my experience working on this film. But for now this is still officially a secret ok? None of you heard any of this from me. Right? At least Not for the next two weeks or so.

おめでとうね。

Did you wrote something Kevin? I mean, does this thread in the Bachido forum even exists?

:wink:

Nope. It doesn’t exsist! You are all sworn to secrecy for the next few weeks!

When I first heard about Kubo and the Two Strings I was for excited about the positive exposure for shamisen and the potential soundtrack/score. I can neither confirm nor deny there will be a spike in excitement and anticipation lasting the next two weeks. :smiley:

言っちゃいけないんだけど。。。がんばって。 :wink:

of course one can only wonder about who could have possibly contributed to the actual shamisen playing in the movie even though obviously a bunch of famous players including Kmetz would come to mind but without any explicit confirmation from the studio or Kmetz seriously one can only say we do not know at this time . . .

anyway I think Bachido could produce some sort of special feature about Kubo also to welcome and smoothly further inspire those who watched the movie and are yearning for some more shamisen related information and fun . . .

B H that sounds like a really great idea.
Well ok…so here is a little more info on the subject.
Other Shamisen Players were/are working on Kubo.
(once again…I really shouldn’t name any names for now)
I was asked by Laika and the Music team working on this film to record some of the parts but as I mentioned above,
Nobody really knows what is going to be used or what is going to be thrown to the wind at this time. I spoke with the composer/music director and He even told me its possible that out of everything I recorded only 10% will actually make it to the film. And at this point we’re not even completely sure on that just yet.
So for now I’ll just share with you all that I may or may not play a big or possibly small role in this film’s Shamisen parts. The best possible outcome of my current position would be that they love everything I’ve done for the film and in that case I would be featured through much of the film (during the Shamisen parts) .

As soon as the final approval is communicated to me I will know and then I can finally share this secret here on Bachido and other public places! I’ve actually been working on Kubo for quite some time and it was honestly terribly painful not to be able to talk about it here on Bachido for a while. I’m still not “officially” talking about it though! A few more weeks… a few more weeks! (All of your prayers would be very helpful for me at this time! Just sayin! )