Kubo and the Two Strings

Just heard about new animated movie coming out next year that sounds really awesome. “Kubo and the Two Strings” is about Kubo who accidentally summons some mystical spirits and must save the world with the help of his friends and his shamisen. Why two strings? Good question, but I think we all know which one is most likely the busted culprit. It’s being made by the LAIKA that also made ParaNorman, Coraline and Boxtrolls so it should it should have excellent animation.

Following the link in the article I’m a little concerned by how he’s holding the bachi in the concept artwork from a year ago. The trailer comes out on December 11th so we’ll see if his technique improves.

Here’s the new trailer!

映画楽しみですよね

p.s.
From seeing the trailer, I think the “two strings” are the two paths mentioned in the trailer? My best guess.

oh my this looks nice gotta watch that :slight_smile:

They showed the trailer before Star Wars tonight. It looked amazing on the big screen. Great to see it get such a prominent spot. Should get a lot of attention. In other news, STAR WARS WAS GREAT HOLY CRAP GET OFF THIS WEBSITE AND GO SEE IT RIGHT NOW!

My little sister interned at Laika this past summer, and she’s been posting all this really cool stuff related to Kubo. Here’s an awesome video about what it means to be a stop motion animator with some great behind-the-scenes footage of Kubo!

Full trailer is out!

While my Shamisen Gently Weeps!

Who is doing the music for this movie??

oh my nice and not to mention this could be quite nice for bachido too … :slight_smile:

The trailer is simply epic and after a quick search on youtube:

“While my Shamisen Gently Weeps!”

Yessir! This movie is going to be pretty epic. I only wish my daughter was old enough to enjoy it. She will be a year old in a few weeks so probably too young to really sit through a long movie like that.

Looks like a major release this so I hope to see it in cinema in austria otherwise I guess both me and your daughter can be looking forward to watching it sometime later on dvd :slight_smile:

I’m so excited about this movie. Can’t wait, inhaling every bit of information about it. They haven’t announced release in Germany and most probably they will cruely change the title in translation as they always do but maybe I can watch it in another country. :wink:

Like I said: recent research showed the German title will be “Kubo - the brave Samurai”. I hate when they do that. It always has to be superficial and sensationell. Argh!!!
6th of Oktober it is for Germany.

oh thanks for the research I guess about october for austria too then yeah I hear you as for german dubbed titles and versions can be fine but usually well original is original in whatever language and sometimes another language version can truly be a desaster even with big movies … as for this hint at the german title :slight_smile: seems it could be worse so far so I still have hopes about even enjoying a german version in the cinema and definitely will buy the dvd later on …

In France that will be “Kubo et l’Epée Magique” (Kubo and the Magic Sword) and october 12th.

Update for my countrymen : In France, no more Sword ! It will be “Kubo et l’Armure Magique” (Kubo and the Magic Armor) and september 21. For those who have seen the movie, has “armor” more to do with the topic ?

If you’re on Facebook, they’ve been posting gif clips of the movie for the last few days. The animation and character design looks awesome.

Yark… Quelle traduction de merde! Une épée et un shamisen sont 2 choses tellement différentes.

And I’m a month late about Kevin’s post but for you daughter, after you watched it on your own, maybe you could cut the movie in small parts and make her listen to shorter parts from time to time so she can eventually get the whole story when she grow older.

as for meanwhile here is my dvd watching plan (considering that I do not in general tend to watch a lot of animated movies I guess that will do it for me until october unless I guess in case you would have some serious suggestion on top of that :slight_smile:

Bambi (also was the first movie I ever saw in a cinema)

Finding Nemo (awesome. after only possibly Bambi which I hardly remember though this is clearly my favorite animated movie)

(as for Nemo I think the german version is quite good but a bit more childish than the original english version)

Inside Out (Alles steht Kopf) and Brave (Merida Legende der Highlands) I am looking forward to watch and except for Bambi I have all ready to watch on dvd now . . . :slight_smile:

(a facebook friend who ages ago contacted me through my snowboarding site works for Pixar so all the more looking forward to catching up on those and finding him in the credits)

Brave is amazing! From the animation to the plot it’s 10/10. Have you seen Up?

Great! Up I’ve seen years ago but hardly remember a lot of it so I must have found it no more than okay I guess and the same as for the Incredibles and CarS and WallE so surely none of them overtook Nemo for me as for the overall animation and plot package charm . . . I will however watch Inside Out again oh my does that movie have a load of 1/10 crap ratings on imdb.com but I think it’s okay and something special in a good way so overall I like it :slight_smile:

okay Brave is loaded in the player for this evening and thanks to an ad trailer by disney I will probably also buy Wreck it Ralph since I might definitely like the retro gaming nostalgia aspect it seems to also feature . . . and so yeah who knows I might actually watch even some more animated movies until october :slight_smile: