Meeting time for Norm's Bachido gathering in Tokyo?

Just want to confirm when we’re supposed to meet under the red lantern on May 8 - I think one post said 10a and another post said 11a.

Have we got a definitive time yet?

[Edit - Apr. 29: Norm’s post just got updated today, so that clarified the time question.]

Actually now that you mention, it is there a potential time you guys will be finished at the restutant so I can meet you for the bus?

Evyn - everyone’s busy having a terrific pre-Taikai time (see Bachido’s page on FB, they seem to be posting there rather than here, for now), so there might not be an answer here too soon. FWIW, my two cents is: the event time got changed to 12:00 at the restaurant. Since we are getting lunch and a show, I can’t imagine that taking less than one hour (and probably a bit longer(?)). So I would think that, if you met us there by 1p, you should be good to go. You might also try posting this question on the FB page…

Anyhoo, see you soon!!

Thanks Linda! I’m sure the guys are having a great time right now, I saw the post. :slight_smile:

Ill post a messege on the Facebook page, hopefully they’ll notice it before the 8th.

ROUGH Time Layout (subject to change… up to and including, on the day of):
12 PM: Meet at Asakusa Station (Ginza Line) Exit 1.
Don’t Be Late!!!

12:15 PM - Head To Restaurant

ROUGHLY 2 PM - Head to MIKADO Shamisen Shop in Asakusa

ROUGHLY 2:30/3PM: Take Bus from Asakusa to Katoh Shamisen
(can you imagine how freaked out the Japanese people will be to see all these shamisen-wielding gaijin hop on a tiny Tokyo bus!!)

ROUGHLY 3:30 /4 PMish - Arrive at Katoh Shamisen, and things get a little crazy (^_-)

Evening (7/8/9 PM ~): Drinking…?

Midnight~ Stragglers unite!

Have fun, everyone in Tokyo!! I came back home and started to work right after the Taikai, but still am happy looking forward to seeing Linda and Mari in Nagoya soon.

Bachido Life-line

Ladies and Gents,

Sorry for taking so long to get this up…

As a few of you have emailed me asking about contact information for the day of the event, I present to you… The Bachido Lifeline Phone:

Phone Number: 080 4088 2374
Email: bachido@softbank.ne.jp

Should you get lost, arrive too early (because I’m sure nobody would want to be late!), or otherwise just want to chat with a Bachido member just like you, this is the number to call!!!