Min’yo in Toronto! (Performance & Workshop)

Saturday, July 26 at 7pm at the Nagata Shachu Taiko Studio

Kyle and Aki will be presenting a brief performance of Min’yo, Japanese folk music, featuring hard driving tsugaru shamisen and passionate singing. Following this, they will share their knowledge of this art with the audience so that everyone can enjoy creating music together!

Consisting of songs for work and of everyday life, Min’yo is meant to be played and enjoyed by everyone regardless of age, or musical background.

Tell your friends! Bring your shamisen, taiko, flute, any kind of instrument, or just yourself and your voice!

To register for the workshop please call: 416-651-4227 or taiko@nagatashachu.com

Directions to Nagata Shachu Studio (112 Hymus Road): https://goo.gl/maps/YN0od

Admission: $10

Dear Toronto Bachido members;

Kyle Abbott is coming to Canada for the first time!

We would like to invite you to join us for the 1st Bachido gathering in Toronto on Friday July 25 at 7 pm.

The Shamisen Party would be at Linda Caplan’s house (near Yonge-Eglinton) and it would be an informal gathering. Don’t miss this opportunity to attend this fun Bachido event!

We hope you would be able to make it convenient to attend the party. Please contact me for more info.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Warm Regards,

Aki Takahashi = ten ten

Also, Kyle Abbott (shamisen) and ten ten: Aki Takahashi (shamisen & voice), Heidi Chan (bamboo flutes) and Kiyoshi Nagata (taiko drums) are performing exciting original and traditional Japanese folk music at Yonge-Dundas Square for the MATSURI -admission is free.
Please come and see us!

Hmm, seeing as the Toronto Bachido party will be at my place, guess I’ll be attending. :smiley: