Thank you for these photos! I Really love to see your progress.
MANY PROPS for going all out and making the mitsuori style sao. That is completely amazing!
Kyle:
Thank you! I checked my message above. In haste I mistakenly wrote Indian rosewood. I correct: the neck (sao) and body (dou) are African padauk. Sorry!!!
Tonewoods left to right:
A. Indian rosewood = sonokeling grown in Indonesia (Dalbergia latifolia) Sonokeling is the same tree as Indian rosewood but differs, presumably because of the plantation origins and to some extent climate, in having a broader colour range and a little less hardness and density.
B. Indian rosewood ( (Dalbergia latifolia)
C. African padauk (Pterocarpus soyauxii)
D. Right above: (European) boxwood (Buxus sempervirens) for bachi
E. Right below: (European) oak (Quercus robur) for bachi
Thank you for the feedback. It’s nice to hear your opinion.
Karl, I’ve made 5 nagauta shamisens. Now there are two under construction. I have no idea how long it will take to get them finished. Beacuse of work my leisure is restricted.
I made the dou of this shamisen (picture below) from wenge and sao from South American rosewood. This is the only picture of it.
I’ve sold this shamisen.