My first video

My first video of me playing.
Please be nice, I’ve only been playing for six months and this is the only musical thing I’ve done.

Here is another one. http://youtu.be/B0PZeb0VAV4

Nice! It’s so great to upload videos of your progress. At least to record them yourself and watch them afterwards. Let us know if there are any questions you have on feedback.

cool sakura clip

Thanks. I’ll try to put up some more during the week. I have Arkansas traveler and Scarborough fare and kokiriko.

Nice, Scott!! It is so great that you’re recording your first year of playing. It is fun to watch them over the coming years, as you can really observe your skill and proficiency increase. I’m glad to see you’re already experimenting with tremelo, harmonics, and slides. :slight_smile: Keep 'em coming!!

Oh, my brother and his wife are in Uluru right now! (Only about four or five hours away?) Pity I couldn’t join them to meet you, but I guess having the ol’ brother-in-law tagging along doesn’t help enhance the romantic-ness of their travels.

Thank you for your kind words.
Uluru is about 1600 km(1000 miles) away from me. Australia is a really big place!
Maybe one day you will come here and visit. I might even travel to the USA one day. I am planning to go to Japan some time next year hopefully. It would be cool to meet yourself or Kevin one day.

As it turns out, I have been considering hosting a ShamiCamp event in Australia. :slight_smile: There are certainly enough Bachido members there (around thirty) where it could work. Perhaps in a year or two, but it will happen! :slight_smile:

That’s awesome that you’re planning to go to Japan next year! Any chance it would be around October? We’re planning on having ShamiCamp in Tokyo at that time next year. :slight_smile:

I haven’t set a date yet, so I might try to make it as it would be a fantastic experience.
I would be great if you could do a shamicamp here in Australia. I would definitely go.

I’m suprised no one ask the question about that blue Bachi yet.

Is it a self made Bachi Scott?

as for me I’m doing my best here trying to avoid getting into any attempts at craftsmanship again . . . :slight_smile:

so I just and really only felt like complimenting on the cool playing :slight_smile:

Yes it is a home made bachi. I have several different ones that I have been trying out as I don’t like the one that came with my shamisen. That one is made from cooktown ironwood and hdpe cut from an old rubbish bin lid. I also have made one from a solid slab of hdpe, that I make from recycled lids.
https://imgur.com/rOsGsON

I commend you on your journey. You will certainly enjoy it.