Team Bachido! NEW!! Kita no Hibiki Dynamic lesson!

1 Like

I think this is a great idea and it will help a lot in the performance. Putting them up in smaller pieces like this makes you practice each part harder which is great.

Will there be the two parts from the original song or will there be a version that has been made simpler?

I didn’t participate last year so I don’t know exactly what to practice. But I guess I can keep up with these videos and learn what I need to.

Oh yeah!!! Thanks for getting on this, Kevin!! :smiley: I’ll sticky this now so it stays on top.

Karl, according to what Kyle told me on the weekend when we Skyped about the taikai, the performers will do both the parts shown in his book, as well as the “simplified” part they created for last year’s taikai. (So three parts total.) All parts have to be slightly edited/cut to bring the piece in under the 4-minute requirement.
(Kyle, you might want to sticky the simplified music’s pdf and all the cuts/changes, and/or make it available in its own topic/in the ongoing taikai topic so people can find it easily, rather than having to ask you each time… Just sayin’! :wink: )

Taken from FB, here was Kyle’s answer about this to someone else just the other day:

We arranged Kita no Hibiki so both advanced and beginners could play at the same time.Take a look at the notation here - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2504068/Kita%20no%20Hibiki%20-%20Taikai%20Version%20.pdf

Kyle, if anything above is no longer correct, please amend.

waoh !!

Oh man, totally excite to break into this!!
Thanks Kevin~

… All parts have to be slightly edited/cut to bring the piece in under the 4-minute requirement…

This is what I’m talking about! The song structure is very complex and it’s already hard now to not get lost in the notation :slight_smile:

Thank you, Kevin san for the video lesson. I would like to start my practice right away.

Part 2, Ladies and Gentlemen…

Haha great!

Cool part 2!!! I enjoyed and practiced hard. I loved the very last part, especially. Big bachi on myself.

Great Part 2, Kevin!! It’s great that you’ve segmented your instruction in multiple parts, giving us tidy bite sized morsels of dynamic instruction to sink our teeth into! :slight_smile:

I’ve been up in snowy Boston hanging out with CAD/origami expert Brian Chan, who I’m collaborating with in the “ASP” (Affordable Shamisen Project)

It’s been a great, highly informative time. The future is bright!

When I get back, I look forward to working on Part 2! Thanks again, Kevin! Bachi on!!

Hey folks! Just letting you know that Adrian has written up a very informative FAQ, which I’ve posted here. Check it out! :slight_smile: -

I just filmed part 3!

My Girlfriend Kumiko made a bet with me that I couldn’t film this without breaking into laughter just like when I was at the Bachido Headquarters in Santa Cruz filming with Kyle. So in order to win the bet she was standing off to the side of the camera making ridiculous funny faces and doing a comedic striptease just to try to get me to laugh! Needless to say she won the bet!

Haha! I remember, that expression at 2:30 starts it all! :smiley: Hahaha!! That was great! I’ve gotta say, considering that she was trying to make you laugh, you held through quite well! :slight_smile:

Alright! Time to learn part 3! :slight_smile:

considering that she was trying to make you laugh, you held through quite well! :slight_smile:

Haha! Keep in mind this is the “edited” version. You’d really see the degree to which Kumiko won the bet if I ever post the outtakes from this video!

If it were not for the beginning part where we could hear her, I wouldn’t have believed it. That would have been followed by “Kevin, where and how did you manage to score some in Japan?!”

These vids are awesomely helpful. Had a rude awakening this past weekend that I need to step my game up… Thank you so much for these Kevin~!!

Or you could just fake it and hope everyone else plays properly! That’s what I’m going to do! Woohooo!

Yeah, that’s kinda what I did last year. Feel like you can only play that card once before people catch on, though xP

Adrian, since it’ll be Karl’s and my first time there, this will be our year to play that card! Karl, I’m gonna be right there beside you, faking it for all I’m worth. :smiley: