The Akita Nikata Bushi Challenge!

Awesome! So where are all the other entries? Don’t you want to be epic?

So that’s how one becomes epic. You should have mentioned that earlier. I’m starting to practice this piece.

Currently working on YosareBushi. I’ll perhaps tackle this piece afterwards. It’s a killer!

Yeah well Akita Nikata Bushi just happens to be one of the hardest songs :smiley:

KH: Well done on your new profile pic! I approve.

Josh: Perhaps Yosare Bushi should be the next challenge after this one (Let’s see some more entries! There’s no shame in trying). That’s a song I have barely dabbled in because, like Jonkara Bushi, there’s so many versions.

Ortjo: I’ve been waiting like a year for your shamisen rendition of Triple Corpse Hammerblow. You now have a Tsugaru Shamisen. The least you could do is bust out your best Akita Nikata Bushi. :wink:

Haha :stuck_out_tongue: I just don’t have the skill yet to touch Akita Nikata or so i think. I’ve been taking it slow and steady

edit: Maybe i’ll try a bit in the coming week

Come on Ortjo, give it a try. Play it slower if it helps. You can still get it to sound nice by playing with the rhythm.

Indeed, just what Karl said. Remember, we’re all here to support each other. :slight_smile:

hahaha maybe there could be an entire bodom-related course for shamisen. Practice Hellhounds on my Trail to maximize your bachi endurance and efficiency, tracks from Hatebreeder for classical-sounding solo practice, etc. =)

Hahaha!!! That would be pretty epic.

Hellhounds on my Trail to maximize your bachi endurance and efficiency

Like “How to execute the horse naying effect” at 2:09. :wink:

Kevin? Come back to Santa Cruz in March and we’ll have a whole new course to make.

I’m already there brother ! (next march…2014) I’m already there!

Ah! There you are!

I had to go and take a Valium after watching Kyle almost fall in the ocean with his tsugaru! lol (kidding, but, I did scream!) Waytago, everybody on the challenges.

After three years, I finally realized that my bachi was wider than most, and was why it always felt unusually… 使いにくい. So today, took out the sandpaper and shaved down the bachi shaft!

After polishing it up today, I took it for a spin with Akita Nikata Bushi! (Ah, and also finally learned how to put on a hakama all by myself as well)

Man, it is so much easier to use now, I don’t even need a bachi grip!

(Hmm, not sure why it’s not popping up, but the video is on that link)

Erase the s in the https of tha link

So what are the measurements for it before and after?

Ah, that did it! Thanks, BH. :slight_smile:

The widest part of the handle was 38mm, now it’s 35mm. Though it actually doesn’t seem that different when written out, it is surprisingly noticeable on the fingers.

Inspiring picture . . . :slight_smile:

Question… What is the # in Akita Nikata notation? like #20

Question… What is the # in Akita Nikata notation? like #20

That is 3#, only that it’s written # only to save space! I’m glad someone is picking up the challenge :slight_smile: