The Akita Nikata Bushi Challenge!

Ah. Thanks m8 helps a lot :DD And let’s see about the challenge now… Just trying a little bit :stuck_out_tongue:

A quick note on “The song is played with a pattern that involves using quite some force while slipping from one string to the next, then lift the bachi and hit the string you slipped to again and then strike it yet again with an upstroke. To learn this song, you will have to gradually learn this technique by starting SLOW.”

Everyone who is starting out to learn this technique, do it on ni-no-ito/san-no-ito. I had to practice a lot before I could play it properly on ichi-no-ito/san-no-ito. The technique is used for both of these combinations in the song.

Try playing it only with open strings first, and then you can put your index finger on position 10 to practice the actual piece.

Thanks for the heads up bro

Hello Bachido friends;

Hope it’s not too late to make an entry into the Nikata Marathon.

I learned this piece more than 15 years ago in Japan and never really practiced hard enough to play on the stage.
After watching all the great versions of Akita Nikata Bushi, it encouraged me to practice it again.

I will keep on playing it until I can stand on one leg on a pole in the ocean (Lake Ontario for me) and play this song without a single mistake.

Thank you everyone.

With best regards,
ten ten = aki

Bravo!! That was very cool! Kept a solid rhythm, had volume and speed dynamics, good points for an entertaining nikata bushi! :slight_smile: Will you try vocals next time?

Glad to see this thread revived! :slight_smile: Ortjo, are you ready to give your sweet Mugen21 shamisen a spin with Nikata Bushi??

Great work! We’ll be waiting for the ocean clip! This thread has too few participants. I listened to my entry and I really need to improve my game :slight_smile:

Great! I really like your version Aki! It’s cool how it builds up from the start and gets crazier around half way! Then Rocking at the end! Very exciting performance!!!