The nuSwag Design Challenge 2013!

Ladies and Bros! We’re well into another year, it’s about time we designed another shirt! :slight_smile: This challenge goes out to all Bachido members with a pen.

Challenge: To create a design for the next shirt. Because the first shirt is simple for solid representation, I would like the next design to be. . . adventurous! It could be floral, abstract, fantasy (dragons, samurai 'n such), babes, whatever you want!

What to do: Create as many designs (sketch or finalized) as you want and send them to me. After the deadline, I’ll release them all (or perhaps my top favorites if there is too many) and then we’ll decide on the final(s) as a group.

Prize: A free shirt with your design, as well as the glory of Bachido members around the world are wearing swag with your artistic genius displayed!

Note: We don’t have to settle on just one design. If there are several awesome ones, there will be multiple winners! :slight_smile:

Deadline: End of July

I look forward to see what you come up with. :slight_smile:

It’s on!

Sounds awesome :stuck_out_tongue: waiting forward to seeing what people have made

So stoked for this. I’m on it, dude bro!

great project and thanks for this choice and aim as for me I know and have proven on several occasions that I lack graphical talent and suck at coming up with designs . . . of course I will nevertheless think about this in this case though . . .

I’m on! What a good idea! Until July… better start working on it then.

Graphic Designer here…Yeah who knew?

Ho~!! We shoulda done this years ago!! :stuck_out_tongue: (Or at least, right after finishing the first shirt)

Hi. Yeah it really sounds cool

Hard at work on a couple sketches… Hopefully I’ll have something I’m happy with posting by tomorrow evening. Or, wait… are we not posting them yet, Kyle?

Hey John! Welcome to the Bachido Forum! :smiley:

Adrian: Shweet! You know, I was thinking to accumulate them all and post all at once, but what the heck. When you have an ideas made, might as well post them anytime! It would inspire others too. :slight_smile:

Hrm… Alright, well I’ll decide if I want to post sketches once I finish them up.

I have like, the perfect shirt design in my head right now. Too bad I’m not that good at drawing (yet)!

Hey everyone I would like to share a few of my rough sketches. I have some new sketching software I’m trying to break in so this gives me a great reason to use it. I not the best artist but this has been alot of fun to work on

This first pic is probably better for a saofuki than a shirt but I wanted to share it anyway.

The t-shirt ideas I keep thinking of are kind of weird.

Sketch of Chibi versions of Kyle, Kevin, and Masahiro might take another pass at it.

Simple little design more a test to see if I could draw a simple Tsugaru Shamisen.

Ive got some other designs in various stages and any feedback would be awesome. Thanks everyone and I can’t wait to see everyone’s submissions especially from those who a far better artists than myself.

Nice work Gwyn! I especially dig the first design and the last one. Personally, I see nothing wrong with putting your first design on a shirt; it’d definitely catch some looks. As for your last design, I for sure would love to have that on one of those baseball jersey style shirts. Black (or any primary color) sleeves with a white body, and your simple design would be prefect!

I like the coffee idea and the masahiro kyle kevin drawing is hilarious that should be used somewhere for sure even in case it does not end up on a shirt :slight_smile:

since “tsugaru” along with the futozao drawing is slightly redundant I would replace that and make the tagline “awesomeness since 2011” :slight_smile:

MIGHT have an idea for this…

o3o might have an idea somewhere… let me go check my pockets

They’re all so awesome!!

Just so we know, this challenge is still on. End of July is a hearty two months away, but time does creep up on us. So if you have any sketches, share them at your convenience! :slight_smile:

may hold off until the next ‘simple’ design contest; my background is in logo and graphic design, not so much of an artist though