The nuSwag Design Challenge 2013!

Don’t let that stop you, Chris! If anything comes to mind, definitely give it a shot! I encourage it! :slight_smile:

Nice concepts so far. I like the caricatures.
Here is my try (might be too simple):

yeah, I definitely need some inspiration.

cheers
Ale

i prefer simple, nice!

Ale - love it!

Very nice Alessandro, I really dig that background design!

I like I like I like a da Fuji, yes

Ooh!! I like that too! Simple is nice! :slight_smile:

I think with a little polishing/shading, that would make an epic hoodie! :slight_smile:

Perhaps, the shirt’s front could have Gwyn’s "Tsugaru since 2011) and FujiBachi on the back?

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated =)
Sure Kyle, I can give it a retouch and add some depth to some elements.

Meanwhile I did a translucent LED-lit Itomaki

well, that’s too flashy don’t you think so?

Oh man! fantastic! Everything everyone is contributing here! Just great! I actually like the LED lit Itomaki idea! Now we just need Led lit Light-generating Bachi! Anyone rememeber the light picks that were marketed to Rock guitarists!? They would shoot out beams of light whenever one would strike the pick against the strings? We obviously NEED the equivalent of that but for Bachi and Shamisen strings. Who’s with me?

. . . although I am not a fan of that particular color that itomaki idea and actual design looks awesome Ale! I am with you Kevin too haha I should spice up my shamisen project with leds too to make up for the less than perfect playing condition I will manage to restore it to . . . :slight_smile:

Hey Kevin, cool idea with the Bachi.
With todays accelerator-sensors and SMD LED-chips that could possibly be done.
@B H well color is a question of taste, therefore I ‘integrated’ color-changing funcionality in the 3D-Model :wink:

awesome okay then I want three in my favorite color orange (would laser beams potruding into the universe be too much to ask?) and of course an additional option to start a going through the colors of the rainbow procedure by voice command HAH(A), a remote control button or automatically with a sensor picking up serious playing action that would obviously call for that :slight_smile:

Maybe we could get an LED setup to connect to the nakago and shine through the skin. Sure to be a blast playing in a dark room lol

Falsetto Sweeeeeettt!!!

Oh my god, Chris, can we make Ale’s itomaki mockups a reality?? I need a set of those!!
(Ah, and the DragonBlade Bachi too, of course. :-P)

I wonder if 3D printers would be able to print itomaki strong enough to handle the twisting pressure? Granted, being that they can now ‘print’ guns parts from plastics (which is a concern in the US), I’d think plastic material would be available, but perhaps not widely available?

Ehh, didn’t think one second the itomaki would be so well recieved.
For B H here’s the orange limited edition :wink: :

And here is the somewhat shaded Fujibachi-Design:

Deadline is almost 1 week left. Come on guys, show your designs, scribbles, drawings, renderings!

Cheers
Ale

wow now I do really like that altered / shaded version of the fuji design and not to mention the orange itomakis whoohoo a white one too . . . :slight_smile:

Bryan that’s an awesome idea about the glowing skin. A few years ago I bought (and destroyed) an RC drift car that had working led headlights powered by a 9 volt battery. They even came with foam sticky tape that would easily stick to the inside of the dou.

Since I may have a re-skin in the near future I think I might be able to “accidently” pop a set of those lights in there and give it a try. Add a set of LED itomaki and bachi and you got yourself a shamisen worthy of a rock concert.

Now, if only I could come up with a shirt design :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh man! All these ideas are so cool! It’s happening!,! It really feels like the future of Shamisen is here!!

hmmm… i bet we could get a raspberry pi/arduino setup on the inside of the dou, and set it up to do light shows or maybe even get it to respond to the frequencies played by the shamisen. And if we get an input for that, it might as well be an electric shamisen too, eh? Oh the ideas are enough to get me excited!

Well of course it would have to be electric! :wink:

Instead of just responding to frequencies what if the lights responded to the movement of the skin, so the shamisen lit up everytime you struck with the bachi?

Hmm where’s my shamisen? I need to try this out!