This is the way, I suppose

Just started learning and have been practicing everyday. It’s not an easy instrument; but am having lots of fun. Although there are things that’s hard to overcome…

Only exaggerating a little. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I can relate to the bottom photo a 100%, haha. But then again, if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Keep on working hard and it will get easier​:facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

I like the feeling of your art… Mine is I am still at sea.

There’s a manga too…about shamisen youth and and Yoshida Brothers do the music…will try to catch sometime.

https://www.cbr.com/those-snow-white-notes-episode-2-shamisen-music/

Hope the comic relief is fun for sharing…

1 Like

Thank you, Aleksandar! I will keep working on it, JoJo style. You guys are inspirations! :facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch:

Mari, haha, my stuff is just doodle. Yours, on the other hand, is a beautiful art! Very intricate. It has a Yoshitaka Amani kind of feel to it. :heart: And so much to look at too! Perfect as a tarot card art :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you for sharing!
Ragawa Marimo does draw great stories.I will be sure to catch up on her manga.

2 Likes

Just fyi I still am plucky beginner but use phone apps to remember certain small sequences. Oddly been a better yoga and fitness teacher more than a lute player after day work…but even pro dance teachers said it took them a night or two to get a 3 to 5 minute song and teaching routine into their brain and feet and hands.

Been listening and googling period Enka songs because they sound so cosy and simple but man it took me a few months to recognize and now working on second one for recognition…your fun cartoons are a good journalling reflecting the journey!

Haha. Thank you, Mari! I feel better about having a hard time remembering… Good tip at listening to similar music. Familiarity to the style hopefully will help me with learning. :laughing:

1 Like

Haha. This reminds me of the scene in Those Snow White Notes where the guy is talking to his shamisen about how beautiful they are. Relatable :rofl:

Really fun how am instrument can feel personal…

:stop_sign:Personal interpretation only. Ringo Bushi has a overall melancholy feel to it (minor keys :two_hearts:). With parts that’s high energy and parts that’s elegant and pretty. So this is the image I have when playing/practicing the song.

1 Like

I knew you will come up with TenTen and Yoshida Brothers and Bachido links but I found this of interest as well.

There was some discussion biwa song or early regional utas could be from farm regions so they seasonal wailing meloncholy of shamisen enka retranslated comes through after all these years…I am working through a ramen noodle soup and some odd lamenting odes that we might have called the blues …thanks for the foodie fun commentary of ringo boshi…will have to check for other delicious laments…

Fun…how a song can remain the same?

Mari

1 Like

Thank you Mari for always pointing out very interesting points to look into. Tips that help me get better :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I do not use Bachigawa and Fukuro though. Ah, forgot to mention a hard case and the tenjin cover. The Yubikake is for sliding only? No no, it’s also to protect the sao. :wink: Same function as wiping it down after use. :joy:
Am now using a neoprene finger sleeve (cut to a 1.5cm ring) on my pinky that helps a lot.

1 Like

Ohhh…poor kid in 4th panel. Guitarists have many hand and upper back or lower back…I used to try and practice biwa with kneeling style but home study is supposed to be fun so crosslegged on the couch and walk or my cardio after works best. Shake out those arms and hands! Happy hand and finger airing!!!

Haha, definitely following these panels, love the art style! They are so relatable! I wish, I could draw like that :slight_smile:

@TinyBlueFrog - whisper - are you a saber fencer?

Thank you for the kind words, Stefanie :two_hearts:

And yes, (whisper) hohoho, sabre fencer here… with foil and epee at the side. Sharp eyes, Stefanie.

2 Likes

My post has to have at least 20 characters. However, I only wanted to say: Yaaaay! :smile:

1 Like