What size is your Bachi?

Hello :slight_smile:

I am higly interessted in the meassurements of your (tsugaru) bachi :slight_smile: I want to buy a new one and I am struggling with the size, so maybe there is someone who can help me decide?^^ There would be two options:

1. Blade = 88 mm, Handle Width = 26x20 mm
  2. Blade = 93 mm, Handle Width = 26x22 mm

My current bachi has a blade size of 96 mm. I would really appreciate some thoughts and personal experiences :smiley:

One more question, would it be a good idea to buy a bachi with a wider blade, so that you can file the edges sharp again if needed?

Thank you !

1 Like

I think it depends on your hand’s size , like Im using the one smaller then the usual size

Hi Portgas,

I have a few different sizes (sorry, I do not have them with me so I cannot measure them right now but I will do so when I get home) and I like them all for different reasons.
I have two bekkou and one faux and the one that I really like is the medium one.

The smallert one is easier to play with for longer periods but I find that it is not as flexible so you won’t get the satisfying snap on the dou. The medium one I find stars to get uncomfortable after about an hour and a half of playing but the snap is absolutely beautiful. As for the super wide one, I had it once and it was just too big and it was not comfortable to play with at all. Now I know they are pretty expensive so it is a challenge to try them all but if you can, I highly recommend you try them first.

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed answer! :slight_smile: I´ve decided for the Pantera Bachi (soft and medium size) and I´m relativly satisfied. The only thing I´ve noticed is, that due to the fact, that the blade should be soft (3), I do not get a satisfying snap and the ichi no ito also tend to escape the koma while playing sukui…^^ But much better than my old wood or plastic bachi! :slight_smile:
And sadly, I do not have an opportunity to try different bachis :confused: