Yoshida Brothers: Kodo

皆さん、こんにちは
Does anybody have the tabs for the Yoshida Brothers’ song Kodo? I noticed some old forum posts that mention it but all links seem to be gone.
Thank you!

1 Like

Oh wow - just read up on the legality of this, which means that it can’t be hosted here. :confused:
If anyone does have it, perhaps PMing it would be legal? :stuck_out_tongue:

I got the Tabs, altough also just copied by a friend. If somebody knows where to buy them as an Original Scorebook, please let me know, I would really like to contribute for the effort.

1 Like

I got the Tabs, altough also just copied by a friend. If somebody knows where to buy them as an Original Scorebook, please let me know, I would really like to contribute for the effort.

Well, I think the tabs are officially sold in 教本「津軽三味線 ALL IN ONE」 which you can purchase on Shamimaster and a few places on Amazon. It’s got STORM by Yoshida Brothers as well, and some traditional tsugaru pieces, i.e. rokudan, a couple arrangements of jongara bushi, akita nikata bushi, and one or two more modern songs. Since I’ve found that, I think I’d feel a little funny trying to get it from a person on here. :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for the comment.

Oh very cool, thanks for doing the research!

Oh very cool, thanks for doing the research!

You’re welcome! I got your PM, and since I’ve been on and off the site and going back and forth in my mind about whether or not I should get it here, I decided to go with what I PM’d you :stuck_out_tongue: thanks! Sorry for being so wishy-washy haha

A lot of people like Yoshida Brothers, for some reason I find them to be all flash and speed. There are lots of other players I like better.

Is it just me?

Everyone has likes and dislikes, not trying to bum anyone out at all.

A lot of people like Yoshida Brothers, for some reason I find them to be all flash and speed. There are lots of other players I like better.

Is it just me?

I get what you’re saying, but I guess I like that flash and speed :stuck_out_tongue: plus they were really my intoduction to shamisen a few years ago so I’m biased.
I still absolutely love the more traditional players, like Chie Hanawa, of course Takahashi Chikuzan, Nitta Oyako, KiKi, etc.

I feel like the Yoshida bros have a tsugaru-y sound like the people above, but a different energy to their pieces which I like equally with the traditional guys.

Plus I absolutely love Ninagawa Beni’s playing and the band she’s in, whose sound is sometimes more Yoshida-esque in its use of shamisen (though she does have at lease one really good jongara bushi too). As for the Yoshida Brothers though, even they do minyo and trad tsugaru pieces on their albums and that’s great too.
I guess you could say I like it all :stuck_out_tongue:

Is it just me?

I saw them live last week; there’s definitely a lot of speed to some of their playing; but they do other things too.

Yup they’re pretty speedy, nevertheless, my favourite song from them is Namonaki Oka.

And learning Kodō is improving my playing alot, because it has a lot of crazy Sukui/Suberi Combos and requires beeing veeeery precise with the positions.

Cristopher, I had the same feeling about koto: most of people refer to a famous player for all. For example, if a person (in general) don’t know Japanese music, a person will be confused. For example, I asked people if they like jiuta, but they said me “jiuta? I don’t think there is in J-pop!”… lol

1 Like

Hmmm, I agree with you. I am a huge fan of Takahashi Chikuzan. His deliberate slow playing to me sounds way more attractive. But hey, different strokes, right?

:slight_smile: