Looking for feedback!

Hey everybody! So I have been playing stringed instruments for 10+ years and I am excited to announce that I will be purchasing a Shamisen as a part of the next chapter in my musical adventure! I was curious of two things - 1. Which would you recommend, the FiberSen Beginner’s Shamisen or the Natural Skin, and why 2. Are you or anyone you know selling a used Beginner’s Shamisen - if so I am very interested! Thank you for your time… Codi

Hey there Codi! Unfortunately, I can’t answer your questions because I’m a beginner as well but I do think it’s awesome that you’re going to play the shamisen. Congratulations!:smile:

Hi Codi! Welcome to the world of shamisen :smiley:

Are you thinking of starting with a Nagauta/Thin neck, Jiuta/Middle neck or Tsugaru/Fat neck? Besides that question, here are my answers:

1. Natural skin is harder to maintain especially for beginners but the sound is more crisp from my understanding. There’s a video by Bachido on YouTube comparing FiberSen and plastic, I’m pretty sure.

Edit: here it is! Bachido Presents: Fibersen: (Comparison Test) - YouTube

1. I’m selling a Jiuta/Chuzao/Middle neck shamisen set which would be great for beginners! I posted about it on this link: Selling a Jiuta/Chuzao Shamisen Set

Good luck on finding your first shamisen :slight_smile:

Hey thank you for the info! I’m not sure how to private message, so feel free to message me and we can discuss the instrument you are selling further :slight_smile:

@Codi Shot you a message! Check your inbox :slight_smile:

Hi Codi and Welcome to Bachido. May I suggest you to wait about 2 more weeks before buying your intrument?

A new kind of skin should be out in about 2 weeks on Bachido and from what I’ve heard, it is supposed to be even better than any skin used in Japan.

I am also waiting this release as well as I am considering having a shamisen reskinned really soon.

Is it the Ripple synthetic? Any idea how much it will be?

The new skin is out kids.

1 Like