A three-day course on Japanese music in Kyoto

Hello shamisen fans
I just want to alert you to the fact that PENDULUM 3 is happening for the 3rd time at Kyoto City University of Arts, August 15-17, 2017.

You can find all details and register at the following website:

http://w3.kcua.ac.jp/jtm/pendulum3.html

In 3 days, you will learn about all the major genres of Japanese music, and will participate in one of four practical groups - a choice of shakuhachi, shamisen (jiuta style), koto or utai (noh singing). The balance between theory and practice is 3 classroom sessions and one practical session each day. The course costs 10,000 yen.

Last year we had 35 participants from England, Switzerland, the Philippines, Korea, Taiwan, Canada, the US, Australia, Brazil, Mexico - and of course from Japan. I hope some of you will join us this year. Look forward to seeing you in steamy Kyoto in August!

Alison Tokita

Alison, I cannot come to Japan, but I would really love to listen to something! Anyway, is the course held in Japanese or English?

Awesome! This is the kind of stuff I am looking for to organise my trip to Japan this summer. I’ll have a look at the details later but this looks really interesting.

Thanks for sharing Alison!

I could be there too…

Alison, I cannot come to Japan, but I would really love to listen to something! Anyway, is the course held in Japanese or English?

Sorry you can’t be here Sakura. It is in English, but some of the instructors are Japanese. Maybe next year?

Awesome! This is the kind of stuff I am looking for to organise my trip to Japan this summer. I’ll have a look at the details later but this looks really interesting.

Thanks for sharing Alison!

Glad to hear you might be able to participate, Jacinthe! Hope we’ll see you in Kyoto then.

I could be there too…

That would be great, Patrick! Hope to see you here in August. What shamisen genre do you play?

Alison, I have to ask you a question, so can you PM me? Thanks

Alison, I have to ask you a question, so can you PM me? Thanks

There are a few sakura haru that come up when I search FB! How about you email me on tokita@kcua.ac.jp?

Alison, you will not find me because Sakuraharu is a nickname, not my real name! My real name is Alessandra, though I want to call myself Ale. You can message me on bachido mail

Hi Alison. I try to play minyo.

Hi Alison, ok ok, I’ll send you a mail

What are the names of the istructors?

We haven’t made a final decision yet. I will let you know as soon as they are confirmed.

Ok

Hi Alison. I am organizing my next trip to Japan in july and august. Do you have any news about your project ?

Yes indeed.
It is all up and running and registration is open on the following website.
http://w3.kcua.ac.jp/jtm/pendulum3.html

Just scroll down to the end of the page for the registration form and submit.

Cheers

Alison

Hello! I’m wondering if someone will take pictures/videos of this fantastic work,I can’t come to Japan (I’m underage!)

Alison, I have to tell you an important thing, but I lost your email

Thanks Alison. Just a question : except the practical group, is the content the same for all the participants and during all the 3 days ? And is it possible to chose one particular day (as I am concerned by shamisen) ? Thanks for your help.