Bachido Nagoya gathering, May 19 Sunday!

------LADIES AND GENTLEMEN on BACHIDO!!! -------

After Norm’s Tokyo gathering, why not join us in Nagoya!
Linda, Josh and me are going to meet up in Nagoya. It is not going to be as big as Tokyo gathering, Nagoya is not as exciting as Tokyo, but if you missed the airplane back home or whatever reason you have for still staying in Japan and want to come to Nagoya, please contact me.

Details are not decided yet but three of us will fix the itinerary soon. Main visiting spot is Nagoya castle and Noh(能)house. (We will not have Shamisen play session)

Nagoya castle has Japanese historical exhibition inside and you also might be able to see open air Samurai performance depending on what time we visit.

Sure we will have a lot of fun!!!

sounds like a cool nice gathering I might remember to be there in spirit since it’s the sunday before my birthday on the 22nd and even in case I forget I already wish you a good time there !

Thanks for your wish in Nagoya, BH!!
Btw, my birthday happens to be on 22nd, two month later in July)^o^(

And my birthday happens to be in May (but not the 22nd…) :-D.
BH, you sure you don’t want to come to Nagoya for a “group birthday party”??? (^_-)

Kyoko-san, I know I owe you an email - sorry, I’m a bit swamped just now, but will answer soon. じゃね。

absolutely I will drop by in case I’m in the vicinity but to be honest that seems an unlikely scenario at this point :slight_smile:

okay considering the circumstances I shall play the lottery consequently throughout the weeks to the gathering that is one guess for about one euro each week for drawings on sundays . . .

Linda san : Take it easy for Nagoya gathering. We just need to decide the place and time to get together. Just let me know what time you can come to Nagoya when you know it. As for the spot, I am thinking of an exit of Shinnkannsen. Let me check exactly later on.

BH: I hope you can get a big hit on the lottery!!! (^O^)/
But do not gamble.

I’m excited to have a Nagoya gathering!
The shinkansen gates are a good meeting place or in the station there is the Golden Clock in front of the Takashimaya department store. I’d love to go to the castle.
I will definitely bring my shamisen provided the weather isn’t raining or anything! As for me, Sunday or Monday work best for me, my usual days off!

We might have shamisen session

Nagoya Taikai is coming up soon. Pat!!! Can you come? I will post the time and place soon, maybe tonight.
See you all)^o^(

Yeah! I really want to! Hopefully I can! Maybe I can cube meet up with you guys in Nagoya on the 19th as well!

Wow, that’s great! Does it mean Papa, Hannah and you are coming? I just learned the new meaning of cube!!!

Rough itinerary of May 19th
Gather around -------
Place: In front of the Golden clock
(at Nagoya JR station near Takashima ya department ).
Time: 11:45am
Lunch: Depending on weather, buy lunch box or go to a restaurant)
Go to Nagoya castle
2:30 Samurai show by 名古屋城お持てなし武将隊
Shamisenn session(depending on weather) at 名城公園Meijou park
Linda and Kyoko are not carrying shamisen. Josh does.

See you there all!!! Just join us if you are still around missing your plane or missing your passport or anything else!

Wow, that’s great! Does it mean Papa, Hannah and you are coming? I just learned the new meaning of cube!!!

My dad flew home yesterday :frowning: But Hannah will probably come :slight_smile:

whoops! I meant “come”…my phone autocorrected it… haha

if the weather is good, i will bring my shami too!

Great, Pat!!! And Thanks to your phone autocorrection malfunction, I learned a different meaning of cube, haha ha ha!

Kyoko-san -you’ll have to teach me the new meaning of cube!! :smiley:

Yesterday’s Bachido gathering in Tokyo was a big success. I look forward to another enjoyable Bachido meet-up in Nagoya, too. My train gets in 11:33, so I’ll meet you at the clock. (And by the way, I hope you don’t mind to wait just a bit while I drop my luggage off at the hotel front desk, it’s way too heavy to drag around the city!)

See you soon!

Linda san: Great you all seem to have had a wonderful time in Tokyo!!
No problem to take your luggage to the hotel. It is just near by.

Thanks for visiting Nagoya and for all the crazy kimono shopping, Linda, Mari and Debora(^o^). I have never even imagined kimono shopping could be so fun. I might probably start wearing my own kimono in the closet.

How could I ever ignore my good kimono so far! I began to realize good old Japanese culture.

Just curious, has anyone heard of this place, or been there?
https://sites.google.com/site/otowaya/home - I just found it on googleMaps. It doesn’t seem too far from Nagoya station, but maybe a little out of the way. If we get bored, perhaps we can check it out?

Just curious, has anyone heard of this place, or been there?
https://sites.google.com/site/otowaya/home - I just found it on googleMaps. It doesn’t seem too far from Nagoya station, but maybe a little out of the way. If we get bored, perhaps we can check it out?

Yeah! I’ve heard of it, but never been there. I’d be game to check it out. I need a new washi bag. We just need to keep our selves out of the bachi section!