TEAM BACHIDO! ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!! IMPORTANT NEWS & DEVELOPMENTS!

I just spoke to MASAHIRO NITTA regarding this years plans!

Masahiro has been one of the backbones of our Bachido operation for many years now and is always extremely dedicated in offering his time and energy and organization skills to ensure a smooth trip. We also have to consider budget and practical aspects and as Nitta San has been reviewing everything he has come up with a plan slightly different than last year and perhaps a bit different than the current plan but he has asked me to share this info with ALL TEAM BACHIDO MEMBERS !

So everyone on Team Bachido please read on.

1.) Rental Car.
Although this has been a staple of previous trips Masahiro feels that for budget reasons it would work better for us this year to travel by train from Misawa to Hirosaki.

2.) With that in mind he is looking into hotels in Hirosaki for us to stay.

3.)Finally regarding the Ferry, Masahiro has researched this thoroughly and has come to realize the extreme hassle this will be for all of us to attempt. On the phone he was describing how we would have to travel by multiple trains and taxis first to get to a location where the ferry takes off. Once it arrives we will once again have to switch to taxis and then train into Sapporo city.
In contrast there is a flight straight to Sapporo from Aomori.

While researching he has found that all in all a flight would be the same cost.

This matter is up to us all personally. I still think a Ferry would be fun and as Kyle said perhaps a good chance to get some crazy film footage!

Anyway write if anyone has any questions!

I think we need to know pretty soon what we need to prepare in advance ourselves and what can be booked by the Bachido crew.

I think the ferry would be really fun. We just need to make sure that we get our tickets so we’re not stuck on the wrong island :slight_smile:

Does this mean no more 72-hour Ghibli ska master mix?

NO. Jamie, don’t you dare tease us with a 72-hour Ghibli ska master mix and then just TAKE IT AWAY. We’ll find a way to bump that isn.

Well nothing is as of yet set in stone. Jamie, you have a Japanese drivers license right?

Well Nitta’s main problem with the rent a car was the budget. And another major problem is that I might end up quitting my job on the American base before The Bachido stuff this year which will cause me to not have a Japanese license anymore. We might all try and have a little pow wow at some point and decide to do the rent a car thing on our own budget separate from Nitta so as not to burdon him. Jamie, I’ll have to talk to you more about this in detail as if this happens you “MIGHT” end up being our chief driver person. Or anyone else amongst us with a JDL!?

So anyway. Things can always be worked out, problems can always be solved. Stuff can always be stuff and everything can always be whatever we want it to be.

As long as we are alive and have our shamisens, it’s ok!

OH! I got it ladies and gentlemen! From Misawa to Hirosaki…

Here’s what we can do! . . . . .

(drumroll)

We can RENT A FRIGGGIN BUS!
That’s right! It’ll be our own personal bus complete with driver etc.

All we have to do is kick it in the back and Rock out to tunes, do cocaine off of each others naked bodies… Oops!
Oh Dang! Stratch that last statement. What I meant to say was…um…yeah! So er… Like that! What do you guys think ?

Haha. Well, considering the fact that I actually don’t have a Japanese driver’s license (I want to keep driving in this country to an absolute minimum/absolutely no driving at all state), any options that don’t rely on me driving sound fine. Busses, trains, rickshaws, whatever. As long as we get where we’re going.

One thing I would appreciate, though, is if we could hold off on saying “this is the plan” until we actually have a set plan. It’s fine to include people in the discussion of “here are our options, what should we do?” But when you’ve got most people flying in from overseas, it can be difficult if the itinerary keeps changing on them. I mean that in the most respectful way, of course. I know it’s really hard for all you guys who are actually putting this together.

Thanks for soudaning things with Nitta san, Kevin! It’s been difficult. He’s really working hard on the logistics of everything and has been asking my thoughts/advice, but I’ve been on the road (writing from the Megabus currently) these past few weeks that haven’t been able to properly discuss the matters with him. Thus, I’m relieved that you two are touching base and working out an awesome plan!

As I’ve said many times, it takes a village!! :slight_smile:

Hey!!! People who are coming to Misawa this spring! Please let me know who you are! I have some room in my house for people to crash but some of you will likely want to stay at a local hotel. Masahiro has been asking me about reserving hotels etc.

So far I think Adrian, Kyle, Aki, Karl etc. are going to be staying at my house. Has anyone heard from Grant and Anne?

Kevin, I’ll be flying into Misawa on May 1, already have the Princess Annex booked as per Josh’s recommendation of about a month ago.

Sorry, I have changed my plan and going directly to Aomori city on May 2nd and join in the team on 3rd. So it does not include visiting Misawa this year. I would be able to see you all later in Aomori city anyway.
Nitta san’s wife, Tomoko san is now taking care of my hotel reservation. Will it be OK, Kyle?

Yup, looking forward to seeing the house Kevin!

I think Anne said in another post that she wanted to come but that her economy might not have room for it due to moving over to California.

Can’t Grant just hide her in his luggage??? :wink:

Sorry, I have changed my plan and going directly to Aomori city on May 2nd and join in the team on 3rd.

Kyoko-san, did you see Kevin and Kyle’s recent posts? We are not playing in Aomori city this year - Kyle/Nitta-san decided to go back to HIROSAKI city’s taikai. (I’m sure Nitta-san’s wife knows that, but in case you are telling your friends to come cheer for us, make sure it’s the right city! (^_^) )

Linda san: Thanks for your attention and care on my plan. I understand team Bachido is going to Hirosaki Taikai all right.
The reason we are staying in Aomori city is that all the hotels in Hirosaki are already full. So maybe Bachido members coming from Misawa are also staying in Aomori city together with Japanese members at the same hotel in Aomori city.
One confusing thing is Hirosaki city is in Aomori Ken (prefecture) and Aomori city in Aomori prefecture,too.
Another misleading thing is: There are 3 Tsugaru shamisen Taikai in Aomori prefecture. One in Hirosaki, one in Aomori city and last one in Goshogawara. First two Taikai have similar names in Japanese and the one in Goshogawara is called Kanagi Taikai.

Can’t Grant just hide her in his luggage??? :wink:
I guess Shamisen case can be more spacious and comfortable to invade Japan.

The reason we are staying in Aomori city is that all the hotels in Hirosaki are already full.

That’s what I was afraid of. :frowning: It seems Team Bachido has no confirmed hotel/transportation at the moment and the group plans are still being finalized. But it’s Golden Week and there are all those taikai. So I’m worried whether Kyle and Nitta-san will be able to find somewhere for so many of us this late…
Kevin, you better put up a b-i-g tent in your yard, you may have about 30+ people staying at your place! :smiley:

For now, though, I will quote Karl and say “I choose to believe, I choose to believe…” (O_O)

Yes! Besides, we are enough people to keep body heat outside in a big group, if we don’t find any hotel.

Oh Karl, you’re making it sound absolutely cozy! (^_-)