The Bachido Gathering Hits Tokyo Again...

Shame on you Kyle! Remember we agreed to Never ever mention the member initiation ritual in public ? Hmph! Now that the cats out of the bag I might as well warn Mari to be sure and bring the following items…

1.) goggles
2.) combat boots
3.) a shield
4.) several extra cell phones
5.) a digital timer
6.) a Helmet
7.) hair dye
8.) extra pair of socks
9.) emergency contact information

And most importantly

…an Open Mind!

Geez, I sure wish someone had told me those things before I had my member initiation ritual!

(Still April fools in part of the world at least! am I right?)

Haha!
Welcome Mari and see you next month!

Hahahaha! Thank you!

Mari,

Looking forward to having you out~

Kevin,

you forgot about the jello mix…
We cant do the second part of the initiation without the jello mix…

マリさん、ようこそ(^O^)/ 名古屋へ着物ショッピングにみえる方ですよね。お会いできるのを楽しみにしてまあす。
Welcome, Mari san!! I am looking forward to seeIng you in Nagoya! I see you are going to shop till you drop!!

はい!そうです。名古屋での着物ショッピングをとても楽しみにしています!きょうこさんにもお会いできるのを楽しみです!宜しくお願いします。

I can’t wait! I may very well “drop” in Tokyo before I get there, but I’ll try to save my excitement for Nagoya too.

Great!!! See you then, Mari san)^o^(

Here I am!!

Sorry it took so long. Luckily Kyle and Linda were nice enough to bug me. I’m not going to make it to the restaurant because I can’t guarantee ill be there for the early reservation. -_- sorry guys!

But I’d really like to attend the jam afterwards! At the Shamisen shop right? Sounds awesome!

I was asked if I can bring my Koto…and the answer is yes!! Bearing in mind it’s not my Koto, it’s a rental from my teacher, so please jam gently. And secondly, it’s probably just a student model so maybe not the best representative of the Koto.

I probably won’t jam on it much myself though, the best I can do is maybe a basic version of Sakura and maybe a couple other little songs I try to work out in my spare time. I’d love to hear Linda and Mari though!!

So assuming nothing stops me coming and I get the green light to have the day off from work, we could have a bit of Koto and Shamisen going!

I hope there will be enough space at the jam place though, Kotos are pretty big!

Ill also need the address of the Shamisen shop so I can hopefully find it and not get lost toting a big ol’ Koto around. I hope it’s not too far from a train station!

Evyn

Evyn - glad to hear you may make it! Maybe you could meet us at/near the resto instead, if the timing works out, and then go to Katoh’s with our group(?)… At least you won’t get lost that way. :slight_smile:

Just out of curiosity; how late is this gathering intended to last? I’m more than game for all-night bachi-nanigans. Would just need to make sure I catch my flight the next day…

Is there a place people plan to collectively meander to late after the hours of jamming out? Trying to sort a place of stay for the evening of the gathering, and would hate to miss out on more hang-outs/bachi-ventures.

That’s a good question. We could give a definite time, but I think it’s safe to say, “until the last bro* is standing”. OR safer, before the last train leaves (which is around 11-12?).

As for after-hours, I have no idea what’s planned. Any ideas, Norm?

(note: here at Bachido, ‘bro’ is a unisex term. :wink: )

Thought I replied to that
Sorry

Last year people went home and all different times
The first group went home after the first jamming session
And that left us with about 3 to 5 members
And in the end it was just four of us hanging out eating tempura till last train!!

I’m sure we can get into some kind of trouble or shenanigans after things wrap up

I don’t really plan on staying THAT long since I’m going to Nagoya the next morning, but I am staying at Capsule Hotel Asakusa River Side… As long as we stay near Asakusa I think I can walk back to my lodge.

Lol yea after the jamming session I’m sure many ppl will be calling it quits
It’s gonna be an action packed day

But those who remain will head back to asakusa for chill time

Just to be the mother hen, I will remind those who are drinking to watch their booze, especially if those who know they get loud and obnoxious after a few tall boys. Sometimes being in a different country can remove inhibitions, but when we’re all together, we’re still representing Bachido, so let’s have fun and be responsible. :slight_smile:

(yes, I sense a few eyes rolling upward, but it should be mentioned)

Mari: Oh man, a capsule hotel!! Besides nattou, a capsule hotel is one of the first things I wanted to experience in my first trip to Japan, but I’ve yet to do it. One of these days…

Anywho, yeah, heading back to Asakusa after will be good, so we if fun continues, there’s no time pressure.

I’m going to write assuming ill have no problems coming…

For me since it’s a Wednesday, I don’t have work on Thursday so staying late isnt a problem. But ill have to keep in mind that I probably have a 45 - 60 minute train ride home with a Koto so I should probably keep it reasonable. That will probably limit me doing much else, shopping for example.

I’m pretty boring anyway, I’m the “sit in the corner and quietly listen to everyone” type usually!

Ill should probably tag along with someone to make sure I can get to the nearest train station to get home. I have no idea how I managed before I got my iPhone…obviously I didn’t get out much!

Also ill need the address of the resturant so I can do some route planning. Norm? Kyle?

Kyle: Totally agree with the drinking responsibly. I have a few stories of an alcoholic friend who bummed around Tokyo drunk and was arrested for the night. Do be careful.

I’m not a loud drunk, but I don’t plan on getting a hangover the next day. I’m excited about drinking and eating though… So mind me if I start humming in the middle of a conversation.

Yeah! Capsule hotel! I’ve always wanted to try too. I actually wanted to stay in a dorm-style hostel, but it was more convenient not having to meet new people(which is what I do in hostels). Otherwise I would feel bad about just sleeping and walking out. The capsule hotel is kind of private AND it has a top-view communal bath! Ahh… bath.

Evyn! (It will be) nice to meet you!! That would be awesome if you brought your koto! I wonder if there is a one-day rental place anywhere nearby. Will take a look. And I’m sure you’re not boring if you have the guts to work in a country like Japan, play koto, and have a Japanese last name!

DON’T MIND me*

Kikko

111-0032
2-2-13 Asakusa
Taito-ku, Tokyo Japan
TEL:03-5828-8833

But we will probably all meet at exit 1 of the station

Details to follow

Lol mari I feel so left out lol