The Bachido Gathering Hits Tokyo Again...

Speaking of “Drinking” …
Here’s my latest Kyary Pamyu Pamyu Shamisen cover. . .

Drinker

Huh? Why?

I have a Japanese name tooooooooi (^_-)
Haha small point to be left out in eh!!!

Just playin

Man

I am loving all the action on this thread today
This gathering is going to be incredible

I next year I might hire a legit camera crew

Ohh, well sooner or later I’m gonna find out how cool everyone is.

Kevin! That’s really awesome.
Have you thought about making a cover for Ninja Ri Bang Bang?

Haha! Good timing, Kevin. And what an awesome video!!! You’re rockin’ the looper!
Though I know about the size of the poster, my eyes are still deceived.

Mari: Ah, okay. That’s all fine. Nothing wrong with humming. :wink:
Everyone should know that I always have the blog camera on hand and am not afraid to post anything. :wink:

Ah!! And the sento~!! There’s one place I’ll certainly be going. Always my favorite place every time I go. (just something about many different indoor baths in one place seems so cool!) If Norm and I go to one in Asakusa, we’ll be sure to wave upwards! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s already done it! :slight_smile:

Actually! He plans on filming a group shamisen version of Ninjari Ban ban when we’re all together. Who knows, if everyone learns a part, we could make a second video at Chitoshan!! :smiley: Whaddaya say, Kevin??

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Nice, Kevin! Each video you post makes me more excited to be working with you on your little project.

And holy cow has this thread blown up since I asked what the anticipated “end of hang out” time would be/“post” hang out plans.

Kyle, I appreciate your having stated the “we’ll be in a foreign country, but don’t be that gaijin”. It should go without saying, but we are all ambassadors of our respective countries and Bachido while out and about.

That being said; I don’t expect us to not be silly and have a good time. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

That being said; I don’t expect us to not be silly and have a good time. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Ah, absolutely. That goes without saying as well. :slight_smile: Definitely, let us all feel free to be our natural, unique selves (as I am quirky myself).

I’m only talking about being responsible with the booze. I know some nice friends who feel obligated to get plastered when drinking, and in so doing, turn into arrogant bastards*. That’s what I want to avoid. Not saying that anyone will go that far, but just good to clarify. :slight_smile:

Which happens to be the name of my favorite local ale, coincidentally. - arrogantbastard.com is coming soon

Norm - Thank you! On my way to work now (on a train funny enough!), but ill investigate when I get off work. I’ll go out on a limb and ask, but are one of your parents Japanese by chance? ^^

Mari - ah well, having a Japanese last name is a “double edged sword” really! On the one hand, no one here has any issues with my last name, and only have to worry about my first name. lol On the other hand, people get confused sometimes! They scan the room looking for Koyama-san and they aren’t exactly looking for a foreigner! Haha

Working can be tough near Tokyo, but I have a new job that’s been a huge relief. I feel really lucky to have it! Although I don’t want to teach English for forever.

Kyle - Yes! I second, third and forth that! Please be on your best behavior when in Japan, or any country for that matter. And within reason for having fun of course!

People think they can come here, be silly and go home and wash their hands of it.

But guess what? People just like them live here! So being the “stupid Gaikokijin” makes the ones who live here, genuinely trying to have a good life and be good people, look bad. Please don’t make our life here any harder!

: steps off soapbox:

Phew! Got that out my system. Really though guys, it’s going to be great!

lol yea, this thread has really taken off~

Evyn: Thanks for asking. That would be the Natural assumption! And in answer to your question, its a yes with a bit of a no in it.
Perhaps easier to explain in person! lol

Everyone,
I really can’t express how glad I am that this event is coming along so well~
There is so much fun to be had that day, and I have even decided that I may release Part II of The Rokudan Challenge live and in person that day!!

There is just all too much to look forward to…
there may even be other mini surprises in store…

Everyone should know that I always have the blog camera on hand and am not afraid to post anything. :wink:

Ain’t that the truth! So, as the only [non-residents of Japan] Canadians present at this event, and in keeping with the “being ambassadors of your country” theme, I am requesting video “exemption” for Mari and I if you catch us snoring in the corner somewhere (since we will have been in Japan for under 24 hours by the time we all meet up!). Canada will thank you for not broadcasting that! :smiley: (You may, however, keep it for your own enjoyment in your private video collection - you know, the one you haven’t told forum members that you keep in that small closet…)

Who knows, if everyone learns a part, we could make a second video at Chitoshan!! :smiley:

Should be do-able with a little advance prep. :slight_smile: (Kyle/Kevin, is there any sheet music yet, or can you post the tuning + a vid of each part so it/they can be learned by ear??)

I am requesting video “exemption” for Mari and I if you catch us snoring in the corner somewhere (since we will have been in Japan for under 24 hours by the time we all meet up!). Canada will thank you for not broadcasting that! :smiley:

Understood! Your request has been received. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. :stuck_out_tongue:

Linda,

Such Amazing synchronicities on this thread. As I just finished filming an instruction video with all the parts and am getting ready to sit down and tab out the sheet music.

Just need a little time to edit. The video should be up shorty.

Wooot!!! :smiley: Good on you for making an instruction video, Kevin!

:open_mouth: I want to join Ninja ri bang bang!!!

Great Kevin san! I got ya)^o^(
I would love to have the honor of practicing it. I will start it tomorrow just because I am drunk at this moment.

WOW! This is too good to be true! Thank you Kevin!
I’m going to practice it even though I don’t really play shamisen…
And maybe I can do some chords with the koto!

…or sing.